• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture Screen?

Explorer ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you capture screen with Premiere Pro CS5? or with any of the programs that come with the Production Premium?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Connect can record your screen during a web conference:

http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html

Adobe Captivate can record your screen for creating tutorials and such:

http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Photoshop

Hit: PrintScreen on keyboard
Open Photoshop
Ctrl>N to create new file, enter to accept default values (will match your desktop)
Ctrl>V to paste buffered image into new Photoshop document
Save As...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean recording the screen the answer is no.

You need a program like Camtasia or Snagit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nothing in the entire production premium suite will do it???  Good gosh!  I bought

a production premium suite and I have to buy another program to capture on screen video?

Thank you for your answer.  I will be looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pr was designed to capture and ingest video footage from real video cameras (some of them even professional-grade).  There are those who would say that capturing screen activity isn't really "capturing video".  If screen capture with Pr or any of the other suite apps is important to you, then file a feature request here:

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish that the Production Premium CS 5.5 suite also included Captivate!   Perchance to Dream!

I wish I could trade Illustrator or Flash in the suite for Captivate.   That would be a cooler option than renting the software.   Adobe should allow that type of customization of one's suite a la carte.

I bought the CS 5.5 upgrade last week.  Installed fine except for that "component error" but it was just about the Flash viewer.

Petey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Petey,

One potential problem with the a la carte suite construction is that the suites allow for Adobe Dynamic Linking amongst the various programs. The stand-alone programs do not allow for ADL. Hence, there could be issues/limitations with a "one from column A, one from column B, etc." mix-n-match concept.

Just thinking here,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2011 May 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hunt,

I was thinking you would buy a suite with 3-4 items and they would offer you the other hooked in items. The other hooked in items would not work as stand alone.

My perfect suite for my purposes would be:

Prem Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Acrobat Pro, Audition, and Captivate.   Maybe Dreamweaver as well.  I don't need the entire master collection.

Yes, I did buy/download CS5.5 after all.  Premiere Pro seems faster on my PC.  8-)

Petey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same thing that I'm feeling right now....kinda sucks!

I was hoping for an integrated solution that would allow me to seamlessly make these recordings...then edit them.

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Master Suite. I should be able to record my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't this included in CC? it would save me and whole lot of people money and be easier to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Answer3.                                 Re: Capture Screen?                                                     

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not the correct answer.  The correct answer is NOTHING in Production Premium can capture screen videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe starts to include a screen capture software FRAPS might be your best bet. Please watch my FRAPS tutotial. I have posted the link for you below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJr560bqLyA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that link.

With your permission, I would like to add it to the article that also links to Jeff Bellune's Camtasia tutorial, as well.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to link it to any article.

I don't like the Camtasia editing interface. With FRAPS I just use PP CS4 to edit the clips. FRAPS can also capture on screen video much better than Camtasia. Not bad for a $38.00 program. I imagine Adobe will include some type of screen capture software with the Master Collection one of these days but until then FRAPS is the best option in my opinion.

I learned about FRAPS from the gaming community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned about FRAPS from the gaming community.

That is mainly where I see the questions coming from. Going back some years ago, a poster, using FRAPS asked about editing the material in PrPro most effectively. Several folk had some great tips for them. One of the best parts of that post were the flight sim examples used. Unfortunately, they were on the OP's server, and were taken down. Great shots.

I still link to that thread, but it just does not have the pizazz without the images - still good discussions, but not like it was originally.

Thanks for the work, the tips and the permission. Hope that others will be helped in the future. I mostly had Camtasia comments and links, as Jeff Bellune has done quite a bit of work in that program, and has contributed. Now, we have more info for the FRAPS users.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FRAPS appears to only work on a PC. Any options for the MAC OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.   I'll try out FRAPS if I need some screen capturing.  Will it work with PrePro CS5.5?

Petey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use www.screenr.com , but it has a 5 minute limit. Works great, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is called Freeze Frame. It should be under tools. After you use it, you can put it on your timeline or export it.

The rest of you guys can stop answering forum question for software you don't use and complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... "Freeze" frame will record my computer screen as I click about and demonstrate various tasks; like a video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WRONG ANSWER.  We want something that is INCLUDED WITH CREATIVE CLOUD!!!

( sorry this reply is meant for Adobe, not directed at textmant123 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines