• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change effect controls of multiple clips at once.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I am animating subtitles for a TikTok video. I would like to change the effect control of multiple graphic at once (check the video for what I mean). I tried nesting but this won't work because of the anchor point.

Is there a solution, it would save me a lot of work!

Thanks,

Freek

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Effect keyframes that you create in the Effect Controls panel can be saved as a preset

that you can apply to all clips on your timeline.

select all effects in the effect controls panel that you want to apply to your clips,

right click and choose 'Save Preset'. You will find it in the Presets bin in the Effects panel.

select all clips on the timeline on which you want to apply the saved preset, then drag and drop...

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video does not show what the visual change is. You are typing in the numbers but I do not see any changes as your playhead is on another clip.

Why are you changing position in the Video/Motion and not the source text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to animate the subtitles using the scale. The subtitles are not centered in the middle of the video. If I use the scale effect the 'pop-up' edit pops up from the middle instead of the place where the text is placed.  Therefore, I use the anchor point to fix this. The problem is that this takes a lot of time to do for multiple graphics.

I have added a screen capture from what I am doing. I have to add this effect to a large amount of graphics. Is it possible to add this effect to all graphics at once? Thanks for the help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effect keyframes that you create in the Effect Controls panel can be saved as a preset

that you can apply to all clips on your timeline.

select all effects in the effect controls panel that you want to apply to your clips,

right click and choose 'Save Preset'. You will find it in the Presets bin in the Effects panel.

select all clips on the timeline on which you want to apply the saved preset, then drag and drop...

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help, exactly what i meant! Have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines