• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change from 25fps to 24FPS

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just cut a feature length documentary at 25fps (shot in the UK) now for a DCP I need to supply at 24fps for film festivals.

I've read about the need to pitch shift the auduo and that the film will be around 4 minutes longer on the timeline due to the reduction of 1 frame every second...

HOWEVER 

I've just created a new sequence at 24fps , and dropped the timeline contenta from the 25FPS sequence into this new sequence and it's the same length and (seems to) play back the same? Does Premiere now automatically handle this or am I missing something ??

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just created a new sequence at 24fps , and dropped the timeline contenta from the 25FPS sequence into this new sequence and it's the same length and (seems to) play back the same? Does Premiere now automatically handle this or am I missing something ??

Premiere will throw away one (1) frame per second if you do that and static shots will look good while motion, such as vertical panning, something in image moves vertical, someone moving hands while talking/acting will look bad and "jumpy".

Export the 25 fps timeline to let´s say Apple ProRes or GoPro CineForm as 25 fps. Import that file, right click on it and choose Modify > Interpret Footage and set Assume Frame Rate to 24 and click OK. Now, place the file on a 24 fps timeline. This will get you all frames, all motion will look good.

To fix the audio pitch, export the audio from the 25 fps timeline and use Audition to change the pitch by stretching it and using a pitch filter.. You want the length of the 25 fps audio to be the same as the duration of the 24 fps timeline. If you use background music, i prefer to export the 25 fps audio without music and then add it again in the 24 fps timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After doing everything you said, there is still a frame strobe. What should I do in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I am in the process of doing this myself. The process is involved but it works. First use premiere to make a .tif sequence. Make sure to export in 25 fps. Then I use OpenDCP, a free to use DCP maker to make J2C conversions of the .tifs in 24fps DCP package. Then you can do the change the speed and the pitch 4% in Audacity or Audition. 

This process is a little more cumbersome but it does the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines