Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Change to Color doesn't exist in the effects panel

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was watching the tutorial:  Replace Colors in a video.

When trying to implement it in my project I discovered that the function (effect): Change to color doesn't exist! Does anyone have an idea how to resolve that issue, or if it was removed from the new Pr update?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021
Hi Yaakov, Sorry about that. The tutorial is 2 years old, and in the time that's elapsed, the effect is categorized in the Obsolete folder. That means the effect is still available, but the code it contains is old and ready for either updating or removal.  I don't know what the product team has planned, but I'd say that the effect is probably heading towards the scrap yard in future releases. The good news is that you can still achieve the effect with controls for secondary color correction to...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yaakov,

Sorry about that. The tutorial is 2 years old, and in the time that's elapsed, the effect is categorized in the Obsolete folder. That means the effect is still available, but the code it contains is old and ready for either updating or removal. 

I don't know what the product team has planned, but I'd say that the effect is probably heading towards the scrap yard in future releases. The good news is that you can still achieve the effect with controls for secondary color correction tools in the Lumetri Color panel. 

So, follow the tutorials for now with the obsolete effect. It should work fine. After the effect is removed, come on back with questions. We can help you with that alternative method whenever you're ready. OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your prompt answer, very helpful

All the best,

Yaakov 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines