Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change to Colour option not showing in colour correction effect in Imac

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I've recently installed Adobe Premiere Pro version (15.4.0) on iMac 24" with M1 chip. The change to color and various other options are not showing up in the Color Correction menu. Any idea how to get it? Is this option not available on iMac?

Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 9.02.27 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you search for it? I think that is in the Obsolete folder in all versions now. Although a couple of the Obsolete items have already been discontinued it seems for the M1 Macs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the Obsolete folder on my 2019 Intel MBP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Poonam5FB8 ,

That is wierd.

Did you try a search as @R Neil Haugen suggested?

You may want to post on the Premiere Pro user voice page too.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com

Let us know how you go

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a M1 Mac and can't find it either... is there an effect that is similar to this effect that mac users can use?

Feels baloney that I should be restrained from using effects because of my choice of computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change to color is an old and (respectfully) poorly written effect, it's 8 bit so using it with any 10-bit media downgrades the entire clip to 8 bit, it's not GPU accelerated nor using even somewhat newish color math. Personally, though it is still available on my PC, I neither use it nor suggest that anyone on the planet do so.

And the reason you can't get that ancient code is because it's been considerered "obsolete" for several years now. As that M1 requires completely different code than any other computer, they would have to recode ... essentially rebuild ... an effect that they have said FOR YEARS is only left in the Effects panel out of politeness. None of the obsolete effects will ever get a rebuild.

The HSL tab of the Color workspace/Lumetri panel is the code that's replaced this effect in use. It is processed in the full bit depth of the clip, is GPU accelerated and has decent math behind it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you have to access this, you might try running the intel version of Premiere...  No promises, but worth a shot.  Since I'm not working on an M chip apple now, I don't remember how to do this, but google is your friend, if you can't find the answer on this forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, I don't think there's even an m-1 version of Premiere 15.4.0.  so you're probably already running the intel version... bwdik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! Very informative 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, the effect still exists in After Effects. You can try dynamic link to AE or creating a .mogrt.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines