• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip with Attributes causing layers beneath to disappear

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very odd problem, and none of the full time editors in my office can figure it out.

I am working on a presentation video, which is a style of video we do everyday in my company. It's composed of a presenter video, PNG slide images, and a frame overlay to make a composition on screen.

I am having an issue, literally with only project, and only on my machine. The slide images and video have transformation attributes to fit into the holes on the frame. The slide images track causes the presentation track, which is below it, to turn black, as if there were no file video there.

When I remove attributes from the slide images and re-paste the attributes, the video becomes visable again until I close and reopen, then need to do the same thing. If the slide image track is blank, the video is there, if the slide is there, it's not. It's also only happening on this project and on my computer, as I mentioned earlier.

The oddest thing to me is that this particular set of presentation videos has two speakers each. Each sequence starts with the same woman, and then it switches to a second speaker, different for each sequence. The first woman's video never has the issue of blacking out, but BOTH of the second presenters do. To top it off, all of the presenters are on the same source file. It's a long Zoom recording of an online conference.

Any ideas about what the heck is going on? It's mostly annoying instead of debilitating, but I just find it bizarre.

TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

If anyone comes upon this, or is interested, we figured the issue out.

We import PNG images of presentation slides into our videos, and when I was importiing them, I had a preference set for them automatically "Scale to Frame", this cause issues because it would import the image and scale it to the Video frame, but then reset the transformation to look at that as 100%, so if we would change the size further, it caused weird disruptions. I've set it to "Set to Frame" which still scales it to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its just one project: make new one and import the old one.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do what Ann suggests, for those who've not done this before:

• Create a new project.
  • In that project, go to the MediaBrowser panel, and navigate to and click on the previous project file.
  • Right-click the selected file, and "Import"
  • From the options provided, I suggest importing one sequence at a time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone comes upon this, or is interested, we figured the issue out.

We import PNG images of presentation slides into our videos, and when I was importiing them, I had a preference set for them automatically "Scale to Frame", this cause issues because it would import the image and scale it to the Video frame, but then reset the transformation to look at that as 100%, so if we would change the size further, it caused weird disruptions. I've set it to "Set to Frame" which still scales it to the frame, but doesn't reset the transformation, so it presents as a percentage of the original image size. This has fixed any and all black video issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or set the scaling to NONE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixes it, too. It just makes our lives easier to have it scale to the video's dimensions, when it doesn't do weird stuff like it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution...    Just curious, what program was used to create the presentation slides?  Powerpoint?  Keynote?  Sometimes you can change the pixel dimensions of the output to match the desired resolution.  I'm in the midst of editing a project that includes three videotaped presentations which had powerpoint decks included...  Luckily, the presenters had formatted their decks as 16x9 and I was able to output their slides as 1080,  our delivery format.  In most cases, I'll be recreating the slides in photoshop  or directly in Premiere using full rez photos...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do a similar thing. The presentations come in Powerpoint, and we export them from there after cleaning them up a bit. The default in our office is to export at the highest available resolution from PowerPoint, which is 2999 x 1687 (for 16:9), so we have as much resolution to work with as possible, in case something needs zoomed in, etc.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gotta say I hate powerpoint and much prefer to just rebuild text and stills in a combination of photoshop and premiere.    Maybe it's changed, but years ago,   Formatting was very difficult to maintain.  When I was on location at large meetings where doctors would walk in before their speeches to sometimes many hundreds of people in the live audience and thousands more remotely, and want to make last minute changes in powerpoint...  The meeting planners always had a powerpoint expert there to make the fixes...   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines