• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color has shifted in project, I've changed nothing

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export a version recently, wasn't really looking at color because that had already been done and settled on, I haven't touched the color in months. No LUTs were used in this project, it was all manual and the client was VERY particular about it. The last version, they called out that it was looking different. I open it. Surely it is. The project was started in 2022. A weird collection of bugs, namely around the text window prompted me to open it up in 23, which has been really stable for me. I would like to blame that, but that's actually not the case. I opened up the old project from 22 as well, and for whatever reason, the actual source clips are just darker. I open them in VLC, don't look that way. Attached is a screenshot of the Program from PP next to Resolve. There are NO source clip effects, I checked. The color settings themselves have not changed. I don't know what this is, some sort of weird gamma bump or something? Nothing else on my computer has changed, that I can think of. Really hoping for an easy fix that i'm missing here. I've not touched any of the color settings since I deduced that the source clip interpretation or whatever has changed.
Project colorspace is 709. I turned on and off Composite in Linear Color and Display management, no real effect there.
Footage: FS7
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
GTX1080ti 8gb Driver 526.98 

Premiere-ResolveShot.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GTX1080ti 8gb Driver 526.98 

By @davedelizza

Do a clean installation of the 517.40 Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i always do studio driver, really though?? You think that might have caused it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are issues with the 526.98 driver and Premeire Pro and After Effects.

Do a clean installation of the 517.40 Studio Driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doing now will report back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

installed 517.40, project looks the same. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also see here:
Understanding Color Spaces, HDR, and what that might mean to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwptnEhxJs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines