• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Matte Opacity Bug with latest Premiere Pro Update

Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this?  I use color mattes in almost all of my videos with different opacities for title screens.  Now the videos are rendering with color mattes at 100% opacity regardless of the layer settings in effect controls.  Not a keyframe issue- this is happening on all of my projects since I updated the sofware.  This is making it impossible to render the videos to our style protocol. 

Any idea what could be causing this or how I could workaround until this bug is fixed?

Thank you in advance.

Andy

Rendered File

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 4.45.08 PM.png

Preview in Premiere Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 4.44.53 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try:

Go to File > Project Settings > General and set the renderer to software only

Go to Sequence > Sequence Settings and UNCHECK (if checked) Composite in Linear Color

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce your issue for mp4 (did not say what your export settings were) but

If Meg's solution does not work

revert to previous version and finish projects.

Start fresh in  2017.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue - on several different and new projects.  What do you mean by starting fresh in 2017.2?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By starting fresh, I think Ann would mean at least starting a new project in PrPro 2017.1, then importing a previous project file into that project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah got the numbers mixed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do make keeping track of the numbers a pain, you know?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.  This is so frustrating.   This software is so buggy and the lack of any meaningful customer support is infuriating.  What does it take to get ACTUAL customer support for Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I go back to the previous version of premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To get the best support for PrPro, as Kevin Monahan (Product Support Manager for the DVA's) says ... on getting either phone or "live chat" help, as soon as you get a live person ... ask for the Video Queue. Good suggestion. In my experience, they at least have some more experience rather than just a cheat sheet.

To roll back ... in the Creative Cloud desktop app, the bar for "Find additional versions" ... go to the right side of that bar, click on the blue text ... select the "View Previous Versions" option.

Scroll down to PrPro, and click the "Install" button ... you'll get quite a list.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines