• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour grading export discrepancy - ProRes workflow

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with colour grading discrepancy while working in ProRes in Premiere CC 2015.4

My footage is shot in ProRes 422 HQ, my timeline is setup in ProRes 422 HQ and after editing and grading in lumetri I am exporting to ProRes 422 HQ. When I review my exported files in quicktime there's a massive shift in contrast and saturation from what I see in the Program window in Premiere: my export has much less colour and contrast.

Weirdly when reviewing in VLC the exported file matches much better the graded shot in Premiere. Upload to web however and Vimeo shows me the ropey, washed out look Quicktime displays.

In the screenshot below the right is my export in VLC - looking kinda how I want it - and on the left is how it looks in Quicktime. And when I upload to the web. All washed out and shitty.

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 12.37.44.png

Adobe phone support may as well be a mobile strapped to a dog turd for all the help they don't give, and of obviously this is a right old bitch of a problem.

Anyone who can shine a light on this for me would be a diamond geezer for sure..

Cheers y'all

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i noticed how you didn't post a result from premiere. quicktime will often change the gamma from 2.2 to 1.8  and VLC/youtube will either show 16-235 or boost saturation or whatever it wants as its a custom video player. Also, your nvidia control panel has a 16-235 setting to muck up your viewing experience.

Putting that all aside for the moment, I did a quick test to see how badly things don't match. I didn't have your premiere image(which sucks because I couldn't determine what lut would fix your issues, gamma/or 16-235/saturation/contrast). It seems you have a combination of issues you wish to address.

As for matching VLC exactly, may I humbly refer you to a free 3d lut generator that will match a before and after image.

https://generator.iwltbap.com/

and even after that, youtube will hurt your image once again. (you'll need to apply this lut as well if uploading to youtube!)

For some people, after uploading to youtube, youtube lightens their image.

64 cube iridas lut for burning in darker 16-235 from 0-255 for youtube upload. it darkens image, then youtube re-lightens again.

CreativeCOW

Download Count: 21

64 cube iridas lut for burning in darker 16-235 from 0-255 for youtube upload. it darkens image, then youtube re-lightens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines