• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer crashing

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has crashed my computer and made it restart 4 times this morning. It does this broken record player playback and then it restarts. Is there any fix to this. I have a 27in Imac that has 128gb of ram and 10core processor so this shouldnt be happening. Any help would be great but i cant keep having this happen.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like something more than a Premiere Pro issue.

I would run Apple Diagnostics and do a clean install of macOS.  Once you've determined that that is stable, install Adobe Creative Could Desktop and Premiere Pro next.  Once you've determined that that is stable, re-install your other applications.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

About macOS Recovery on Intel-based Mac computers - Apple Support

Mac startup key combinations - Apple Support

Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

If you have TechTool Pro and DiskWarrior, those are worth running as well.  I often use those while the Mac having issues is in Target Disk Mode.

Are the orignal RAM chips still installed or available?  During your tests, it's probably worth using just two RAM chips, prefereably the ones that came with the 27-inch iMac from Apple.

- Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines