Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a premiere pro extension in 2023

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to create a Premiere pro extension, im a begginer into this.   I struggle a lot, there is no much easy to access step by step guide to start. https://developer.adobe.com/premiere-pro/ i find the website very unclear and im sorry but I dont get at all what doing...  

I try using chatgpt to get some info but it is very blurred too:   as of now it says to install several things such as the Premiere Pro plug in SDK, (when I downloaded it, I see only Examples file and .pdf, and nothing much clear of what to do / install with this?)  

On the other hand I have all the set up : creative cloud, uptodate premiere pro version as well as VS code. 

To start with simple stuff , ChatGPT told me creating 3 simple files  (manifest, script, index) and put it into the folder directory /  CEP / Extensions, Zipped file .   when I open Premiere pro after, nothing show up into the extension ? Is there anywhere a simple way to start ?

I dont know maybe Im missing something, I get very lost. Could you help me on starting my project ?  thank you in advance
 Alex

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

I'm not sure why you think ChatGPT would provide useful guidance, on this topic...?

Here is the PProPanel example panel, which includes "how to set up a dev system" documentation: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/PProPanel

Here are PPro's ExtendScript API docs: https://ppro-scripting.docsforadobe.dev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

ExtendScript Toolkit was deprecated many years ago.

Per the PProPanel readme (see the "Obtain and install these" section), Microsoft Visual Studio Code + the ExtendScript Debugger extension, are the supported development environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you think ChatGPT would provide useful guidance, on this topic...?

Here is the PProPanel example panel, which includes "how to set up a dev system" documentation: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/PProPanel

Here are PPro's ExtendScript API docs: https://ppro-scripting.docsforadobe.dev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bruce and thank you a lot for your quick answer, I followed what you gived me and I successfully created a simple local extention in premiere.

I think I passed a good first step in my extension creation journey and as you said ChatGPT seems useless here in this case to help me haha. Now i get stuck at one point, I dont find the app extendscript tool kit into the creative cloud ? How should I do it ? btw I already went to preferences / parameters / show older app . Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ExtendScript Toolkit was deprecated many years ago.

Per the PProPanel readme (see the "Obtain and install these" section), Microsoft Visual Studio Code + the ExtendScript Debugger extension, are the supported development environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexis32381218huek_0-1695227595365.png

this app i dont find

Alexis32381218huek_1-1695227615113.png

here is what i have done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexis32381218huek_0-1695227769753.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen ChatGPT providing totally wrong information on several Adobe software.

I have even seen a combination of Pro and Elements used in the same guidance.

So in other words, don't use ChatGPT. Totally unreliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex, were you able to create it? I'm in the same situation as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Nicotika, here is a guide that may help that leads to the developer resources that Bruce also provided above: https://www.adobevideopartner.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Adobe-Video-Partner-Program_Extension-P...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex, I hope you got the answer you were looking for on how to build an extension. For a comprehensive one-stop guide (which i feel is what you were getting at) on how to build and subsequently list and market your extension, check this out: https://www.adobevideopartner.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Adobe-Video-Partner-Program_Extension-P...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines