• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud running insanely slow on brand new iMac

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a brand new iMac computer two days ago because my Macbook Pro crashed and had to be sent to Apple for repairs. I downloaded Premiere Pro and it took 10 minutes to open, and then everytime I click, it takes about a minute to catch up with me. I've restarted the computer multiple times, and I've even tried using it in safe mode but it doesn't help. My computer has 8GB, but according to Adobe's website, this shouldn't be an issue. I need to be able to use this application for both school and my job and I'm running out of options so any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of About This Mac (Apple Menu > About This Mac)? Remove the serial number before posting.

Do you have any anti virus or "disk cleaning" software on your computer?

Have you tried trashing preferences? 

What version of Premiere?

What are the properties of the source material you are working with?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the minimum memory requirement is 8GB, you can perhaps run it with that, but it might take, ah...10 minutes to open and about a minute to catch up everytime you click!

🙂

(In my 2011 computer build I had 16GB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm going to try and swing for a better setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, you should have read the recommended system requirements, not just the minimum. 8 GB of RAM is the bare minimum system requirements. However, Adobe now recommends at least 16 GB of RAM for even 1080p (FHD) work, and 32 GB or more RAM for 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines