• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA accidently disappeared from Premiere Pro CS6 - fixed with driver roll back

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I faced several times with issue when CUDA engine that is supported by my laptop disappeared from Premiere Pro CS6 and I got message "This project was last used with Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA), which is not available on this system. Mercury Playback Engine Software Only will be used."I used CUDA before on my laptop (Windows 10/11 with i7, 32GB RAM, Intel+GF MX150). 

no-cuda.png

First idea that came to my mind - somthing wrong with Nvidia GeForce MX150. I checked that it works fine and GPU can be used  by other Apps.

Then I checked cuda_supported_cards.txt where I had added my GeForce MX150. Line with MX150 was there so issue was not related to the file.

I did some researched and people recommended to Delete Nvidia card from device manager, but it did not help me. 

Then I  check driver of Nvidia card and found that it was updated via Windows Update.

Version of new driver was different from that was available on Lenovo web-site for my laptop.

updated-driver-nvidia.png

So I pushed Roll Back Driver button and it took around 3-5 mins to see new driver.

original-driver-nvidia.png

I launched my Premier Pro CS6 and CUDA was there šŸ™‚

cuda-is-back.png

I spent several hours to found the root cause and solution and hope it may help other people to save the time to fix such error.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?