• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Danger Lines in middle of clips

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me! I am trying to edit my gaming video but the last few days when I went to premiere pro to edit my video,  I saw these  danger lines all over my video and audio clips in my timeline. The danger lines started in the middle of my video and audio clips. The effects still work.  I've done many of the tips people say  like  revealing the clip from the project  and replacing  the clip from the bin. It doeesn't work. Also, the lines are blue and there is a yellow line above near the cursor for the timeline.When I start the timeline, it says media offline and it's yellow instead of red. It's usually red in other people's videos when they try to explain how to fix it or something like that.  What should I do?   

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which kind of error message appears on the red line or is it just red? Can you share more information screen shoot? 

thanks

suraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a red line. Sorry if I said it wrong. I'm not sure if the red line appears on other people's videos or is that part of another issue. It's a yellow line. It says media pending. Not like when there is a red line, where it says media offline or media error. Is it going to be easier for me to fix it because it's yellow and pending? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your sources are from screen recordings?  These often have a variable frame rate which can cause intermittent and unpredictable issues in Premiere.  Here's how to confirm the diagnosis and fix it...

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we use the  mediainfo? I've tried to use it but I don't know how to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open mediainfo and drop the file on the mediainfo window.  You will then see the results.    go to the view menu and choose text or tree and locate "frame rate mode" and it will say either constant or variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this get rid of the edits I did on the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I have about just given up. I did everything everybody has said and the lines are still there. I converted the footage to constant framerate using handbrake, the piece of media that was creating the problems in the first place. The framerate still isn't the same as the framerates of the other pieces of the other media. The framerate of the uncharted 4 video is 23.976 fps while the framerates of the  recording and the text style I think are  23.98 fps. It's very that it's annoying that it's not the same. I know that if the framerate of the uncharted 4 video was the same, the blue lines would probably go away. What can I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Editor,

Did you follow the link Ann provided (What to do when I see diagonal lines...)?

Your first post suggests that all was well and then the lines appeared. Did you move the file on the disk (outside Premiere pro)?

If you open a diagonal marked clip in the Source Monitor does it play?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the link that she provided. It still didn't me good. It doesn't play in the source monitor. I don't know if it is corrupted. The diagonal lines started in the middle of the clip and then it kept on going and it went onto the other clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please help me mwith my editing problem. I thought premiere pro is the best editing software out there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines