Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Dante Virtual Soundcard output

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to use Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) as the audio output device in my premiere setup, as this will allow me to connect to the speakers in my edit suite. However, there is something buggy in Premiere that prevents me from doing so successfully.

I should first note that I able to do this setup in both Audition and After Effects at the minimum 30ms latency, with no issue in terms of buggyness or performance.

When I open Premiere and select any available DVS source as an output, the following happens:

* Videos will update during scrubbing, and audio plays (over Dante) during playback, but video does not update during playback. Nor will the playhead move or the timecode update. This happens for all kinds of videos.

* After I try out the above, Premiere becomes unresponsive when I attempt to open the preference window. I have to force-quit Premiere and restart it each time. This does not happen when I open the preferences immediately upon starting Premiere, even when the audio output is set to DVS.

Premiere 15.4.1

Dante Virtual Soundcard Version 4.1.2.5

Windows 10 Pro

Version 21H1

OS Build 19043.1165

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz

RAM 64.0 GB

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I've installed and reinstalled Premiere and Creative Cloud numerous times, trashed the cache and preference files, created a new user on the computer, and run the CC Cleaner app to no avail.

I replicated this setup on another, less-powerful Windows computer and it works fine. I'm at a loss of what the issue could be. I appreciate any help.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?