• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DAW Audio Interface, use with Premiere?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to integrate a post-production video workstation with a 5.1 DAW workstation. How well does the AJA Io 4K work with DAWs like Nuendo and Reaper?

Also, what does the 4K plus version offer that the 4K unit doesn't besides being TB3 native? Higher frame rate playback? I'll be working with overcranked footage, but my sequences won't exceed 4Kp60. If my PC's PCIe card is TB3, can I step down to TB2 for the Io 4K without issue?

Instead of running a single piece of hardware for both audio and video, would there be any issues with sync or otherwise if I ran something like a cheap HDMI-only BMD Intensity 4K for video monitoring in Premiere, and then used a dedicated audio interface designed for DAWs, like an Apollo, for monitoring multi-channel audio in Premiere?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

These questions are probably better asked of AJA and Blackmagic Design.  They would know their hardware better than we would.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These questions are probably better asked of AJA and Blackmagic Design.  They would know their hardware better than we would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines