• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dead Pixel Issue from Phantom to Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an issue with dead pixels from footage that is generated from our Phantom Flex 4k camera (.cinefile). These dead pixels ONLY appear when footage is imported into Premiere Pro. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they appear in the export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

What about the same clip in After Effects?  Exported from AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! Same in A E however in Davinci the image is perfect, no dead pixels ( approx. 8-10 white squares throughout the frame)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

I have no experience with that camera and it's media.  I have some decent experience with Resolve.

I think it's the better tool overall.  Might be worth investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find any soloution? Got the same problem today. In Premiere we have some red, green, blue, white pixels. In DaVinci, however, everything looks perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone resolved this issue? I have had the same problem for the last year with my Veo 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem withVEO footage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen up folks,

I MAY have made some progress here. Or maybe not. We shot Flex4K yesterday and due to technical difficulties ended up exporting the clips off the cinemag through PCC and Séance. THE FOOTAGE EXPORTED OUT OF PCC DID HAVE THE WHITE DOTS in Premiere (and it did have the dots via the same export method on my last shoot). THE FOOTAGE EXPORTED OUT OF SÉANCE DID NOT. Please let me know if any of you can confirm these results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Your comment is coming in handy right now as I have multiple dead pixels. My rental house said that they stopped using Seance because of licensing issues. Im about to buy it and go over there because its a huge issue. What version of Mac OS are you using? It looks like it hasnt been updated in quite some time. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an old Macbook - probably like 2016 (it has Thunderbolt 2 ports) - provided from the rental house that we get the camera from.  They're running El Capitan 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here here in 2023 - footage is fine in Resolve but has dead pixels (at least 5-6) in Premiere Pro 23.6.0 (and previous versions). So currently we are encoding to Pro 4444 in Resolve before edit in Premiere. Premiere also reads meta data differently than Resolve regarding frame rate - Resolve reads 25 fps and Premiere reads 24 fps from the same footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines