• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delay After Pressing Spacebar (Play)

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of lately, A project I have been working on for months without issues has become extremely slow. When pressing the play button / Spacebar there's a 15-30 sec delay before the project timeline plays. This was not presuent before.

Nothing has changed hardware-wise nor project-wise

Yes im using proxies and pre-rendering.

Ive tried the following:

Cleared / deleted all adobe caches
Removed all Adobe products + preferences and then used the Adobe CC cleaner tool just to be sure
Rebooted Several times
Deleted all project related previews
rebuilt proxies and pre-renders
Renamed the Media's root folder and re-linked everything again, Still the problem persists, It appears to be non-discriminatory.

My Computer Specs are as follows:

Intel Core i7-8700K

EVGA GeForce GTX1080 FTW2 DT 8GB
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB
8TB RAID 10 Array
SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe

Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to only delay inside my *in-out* brackets...

clear the in and out points and there's zero lag.... wtf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash preferences, see how that goes.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that already, thanks though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem with Premiere Pro 2019 (13.02).

I am on:

Windows 10 PRO

I-7-8700 6 cores (12 cores HT) 3,70 GHz

32 GB RAM

Nvidia 1070 TI

So, plenty of resources in the hardware department, and I use proxies.

It has me switched back to 2018 for a while. Now I switched back to 2019 for a new project and it happens again.

It doesn't happen immediately when I created the new project and started editing. It just started one moment.

REALLY frustrating!!!

Strange fact is, that this problem now comes and goes. It appears, and disappears...

What is this?

Any help really appreciated!

Thanks,

Levi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too,
I use a lot when synching music

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a project right now that is due 3 hours ago. This is so frustrating. I pay for Adobe products and I get glitches.  I need a fix please.  I have cleared my caches already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a CODEC that's good for edting and Premiere Pro should remain responsive even if your project becomes complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that is driving me mad with a delay on the spacebar (up to 30 seconds!).  I have tried everything - even exporting XML and recreating in CC2018.  It worked for a bit and then went the same way.

Literally just now I have found something wierd.   If I put the playhead at the end of the timeline - it finds the frame within a couple of seconds, and then moving around the timeline goes fairly normally from that point forward.  No idea what is going on - extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Anyone figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Macbook Pro (mid 2015), macOS 10.13.6, Adobe Premier Pro 14.1.0. On spacebar, it takes ~20-30 seconds before the video plays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I have about 5-10 seconds delay each time I press the spacebar, even if I display the video small and with 1/4 resolution, and even if it is pre-rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the solution for this I'm having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too. If I put the play head at the very end of the timeline and press space bar, it's only a second delay. After that, it's immediate. But once you move the playhead again, it's a second delay. Much better than the 10 second delay I was getting. Working with a very strong desktop and using proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, adobe doesn't care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a CODEC that's good for edting and Premiere Pro should remain responsive even if your project becomes complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help anyone but this was happening to me. I cleared cache, created proxy, made new project file since it was a new update. Nothing worked. 

I did update my graphics card as a Hail Mary and that worked. For now.... I'm on a RTX 3070 and so far there is no stuttering or lag on the space bar. Hope this saves someone some frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue, was working with PP2020. Opened the project in PP2021 and it worked fine. PP2020 has been fine up until day. Not really sure why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me it's the reverb effect that does that. Idk if that gonna help anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines