Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete transcriptions without the need to replace the entire video

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Even though I'm very happy with the progress of Adobe's speech-to-text transcribing feature, especially in Dutch (even though there's a long way to go before it's acceptable), it seems like it has difficulty keeping up with large amounts of text.

For example, I have around 20 hours of transcribed footage in a single project, which makes it slow down Premiere at times (even had it crash twice). On a Mac Studio Ultra.

I was hoping it would be as simple as disabling or deleting the transcription for each sequence, but that seems impossible.

It looks like the transcriptions aren't attached to the project as a separate 'element'. Nor does it seem to be saved somewhere else on my system (in the Mac's library, for example).

Does anyone have a clue if I'm missing something?

Thank you! 🙂

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like this option hasn't been added yet in the program. You can add your vote to include this option in a future release in this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/provide-a-way-to-delete-a-transcription/idi-p/1361...

In the meantime, I would create a new project with a blank sequence with the same settings as your other ones. Then open your existing project at the same time, select all the media in a sequence and paste it into the blank sequence in the new project. Since the transcriptions are linked to a sequence, moving an edit to a new sequence should break the connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines