• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialog box too large for screen

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has already been asked many times, I have used the advice from all of the posts and none of them have worked. My Mac doesn't let me change the text/app size, or rotate the screen, so neither of those work. Does anyone know another workaround? Also, even though I have my dock on, it still goes below that, so that is not the issue.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Which MacBook do you have? How old is it? And is it a Retina or non-Retina model?

It looks like you have a pre-2018 non-Retina MacBook Air, whose native screen resolution is only 1440x900, or an old Ivy Bridge-era MacBook Pro, whose native resolution is only 1280x800. Unfortunately, beginning with version 22.3, the dialog boxes can no longer be downsized below Full HD (1920x1080) regardless of the monitor scaling.

A Retina MacBook should automatically scale the dialog boxes even though the scali

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen is too small. Minimum resolution is 1920x1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried scaling your display using System Prefs>Displays>Display settings?

2022-07-14_10-33-18.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which MacBook do you have? How old is it? And is it a Retina or non-Retina model?

It looks like you have a pre-2018 non-Retina MacBook Air, whose native screen resolution is only 1440x900, or an old Ivy Bridge-era MacBook Pro, whose native resolution is only 1280x800. Unfortunately, beginning with version 22.3, the dialog boxes can no longer be downsized below Full HD (1920x1080) regardless of the monitor scaling.

A Retina MacBook should automatically scale the dialog boxes even though the scaling is set to an effective resolution below FHD. This is because the real resolution of the Retina displays is detected by Premiere Pro and other Adobe programs as double the scaled resolution. So, an effective scaled 1440x900 image on a Retina Mac gets detected by Adobe programs as "2880x1800" (or whatever the native display resolution, which is often 2560x1600 on lower-end Macs). Hence, that Retina display will display the entire dialog box.

In other words, you will absolutely need a brand-new MacBook just for the latest versions of Premiere Pro and other Adobe programs to run properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem on Premiere Pro 2022 v14.0 Wellcome screen i think are too big. even for my 49" widescreen monitor. Why Adobe decided making it so large don't know and why? One thing, you can adjust it to fixed minimum as showed in attachment, but after restarting Premiere ir goes again at full size HUGE.

OS X 10.13.6

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 14.19.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines