Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference in color with dynamic link

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello editors and creators!

I encountered an interesting issue. I made a comp in AE (22.4) and used Dynamic Link to import it to PPro (15.4.1). When comparing the 2 previews, the AE is true to color and the one in PPro has a weird "crushing" effect. I imported the original video directly into PPro and it shows the same crushing.

Composition settings PPro:

Rec.709
Square Pixels (1.0)

No Fields (Progressive Scan)

VIDEO PREVIEWS

Format: QuickTime - Tried I-Frame only MPEG as well, same results

Codec: Apple ProRes 422 LT - Tried 422, 422HQ same results

Can someone help me into the right direction on what the issue is here and how to fix that?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

I copied the clip in PPRO and put in a new sequence and that fixed the issue... Gotta love Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willy5FF0,

We're sorry to hear about this. Let us know the color space of the original media & the color space of the sequence. Also, is there any specific reason for not updating to the latest version of Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sumeet,

The footage is downloaded as stock footage. Unfortunately I can't really find much about the color space.

What do you mean exactly by the sequence? From After Effects or Premiere Pro? I didn't update PPro since from past experience I rather tend to wait since i'm in middle of multiple projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a color space or color management issue.

What is your CM set for in AfterEffects? Hopefully the Rec.709 option ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color mangement in AE was apparently 2.2 sRGB. I changed it back to 2.4(Rec.709). The crushing still appears on PPRO but not in AE. I changed the CM in PPRO in every way but that didn't change anything as well..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the clip in PPRO and put in a new sequence and that fixed the issue... Gotta love Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i couldnt find the issue but this comment atleast helped me get my color back for my footage, the actual problem still remains for me unless i copy and paste it as a new sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not get fix it can you explain me what is actually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines