• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different subtitles on the same track

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made 02 subtitle templates to apply: one on the side and one on the bottom of the video, but I can't apply the 02 templates in the same job!
I need one to be on the side and one on the bottom, but when I move, everything is on the bottom or on the side.
What to do?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

By Template, I assume you mean what the new caption workflow calls "Caption Track Style." The style applies to all elements in the track and the position is in the style. So as soon as you apply either style, it changes all the captions to that position.

See my post here providing some additional information about Caption Blocks. Note that you can "style" the blocks differently (e.g. position as you say), BUT if you apply a Caption Track Style it will affect ALL Blocks in the track. Meaning th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using the new Captions workflow? (15.4 or later?)

There would be two ways to do this:

OPTION #1: Create a second text block to a caption clip. This allows you to provide unique control inputs for the other text block, despite it occuring simultaneously to the other one. To do this, right click your caption in the Text panel and select "Add new text block to caption"

After doing this, you'll see a second text block appear undeneath (at the same timecode) and in your Essential Graphics panel you will see a new line. Think of this as another layer in a standard graphic. You can click the "layer" you wish to edit, and set unique parameters for that text block.

OPTION #2: Create another captions track of the same format and stream, and add a new caption clip where you need it and format it as you desire. If you need unique timing and duration for each part of your subtitles, this would be the method you want to use. I'm pretty sure if you select the same Format and Stream (if applicable) in your new track, it will still be rolled in together on export with other tracks of the matching Format/Stream when you export out that captions format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By Template, I assume you mean what the new caption workflow calls "Caption Track Style." The style applies to all elements in the track and the position is in the style. So as soon as you apply either style, it changes all the captions to that position.

See my post here providing some additional information about Caption Blocks. Note that you can "style" the blocks differently (e.g. position as you say), BUT if you apply a Caption Track Style it will affect ALL Blocks in the track. Meaning they will all move the whatever position is set in the style.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/captions-showing-2-caption-tracks-at-the-sam...

Regarding adding an additional Caption Track, you can only have one active at a time. You can embed multiple closed caption tracks in a video, but you can ONLY burn in one track.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding adding an additional Caption Track, you can only have one active at a time. You can embed multiple closed caption tracks in a video, but you can ONLY burn in one track.

By @Stan Jones

Huh, no kidding? I guess I can see why, can only make one Captions track visible at a time.

So multi-track captioning is limited in closed captioning formats only? Seems like a bit of an oversight then, considering it could be done with the old captions workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The decision to make captions a new type track brought a number of consequences. This was one of them. There are feature requests to get more flexibility.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another situation that the new subtitles method does not meet:
- I want to use the same text in another part of the video. It's not possible....
In the old method you just pulled the same text to the timeline and could use it as many times as needed.
I wonder: why launching the innovative method of it doesn't do the basics of the previous one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just copy/paste? Be sure to set the track targeting (C1, C2 etc if multiple tracks) in the caption track header. 

Click on source caption and Ctrl-C. Move to desired timeline position. Ctrl-V. You can click on a caption in a disabled caption track and copy. It will paste to the targeted caption track. 

Is that what you mean?

And yes, some basic functions just don't work the same way or are not possible.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Stan!
That's exactly what's happening.
There have been many indications that we would switch to this new method of subtitles, but it doesn't meet the basics I need...
There is a need to add another subtitle track or we can change the subtitle style on the same track for professional work!
I need to be free to do as I need the subtitles and not make them all the same.
Is there any forecast for this change?
Thank you very much for your reply and for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are burning in, you can make this work by nesting after you finish all the caption work itself. Make 2 caption tracks. BUT make them in two different sequences. Get your timings and styles set. Turn off visibility on the video track for those sequences and nest both in your main sequence. The nested "captions" are both visible and can be burned in.

See my post here, and note the section "Show Multiple Caption Tracks":

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-contr...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines