• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling Importing Captions 15.4.2

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working in Premiere 15.4.2 and I have unchecked the box inside Preferences>Meida>include captions on import, this has not worked in this version of Premiere. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its not working update to last build of version 15 (2021), if you do not want to update to 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this bug report and response by @Trent Happel:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44250699-include-captions-o...

I thought this was still broken, but I deleted the cache files and reimported as  he describes, and it works correctly in version 22.5. He says it was fixed in Beta 22.1 and:

"Note: This Preference applies to any newly imported embedded caption files (ie: have not been imported prior). If you wish to change the Preference setting and want existing imported files to follow the changed Preference, you will need to Save, quit Premiere Pro, delete you Media Cache Files and Peak Files folders, then relaunch Premiere. You will then need to import the file again to follow your Preference change."

I tried it in PR 15.4.5, and it does NOT work. But I was able to delete the caption track once in PR. If your issue is to avoid the time it takes for the caption track to be processed, you'd have to update to PR 22.

However, see this post by @Jeff Bugbee for workaround using QT7 or LossLessCut to remove the caption track:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/how-do-i-exclude-captions-on-import-premiere...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for both responses. This is a frustrating issue becuase I work for a broadcast company and we have to use this version for the time being. I will just have to deal with it until we upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines