• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Display Surface initialization failed

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently got myself a 2nd monitor to help speed up my video editing. However, I can't launch Adobe Premiere with the 2nd monitor plugged in. After I launch the app, the splash screen shows up, and then after about 20-seconds, the whole thing crashes and I get this error that says "Display Surface initialization failed."

I can work around this by unplugging the 2nd monitor, launching Adobe Premeire, and then re-plugging in the 2nd monitor. It's annoying as I prefer to close the application when I'm not using it to save computer processing power. Any insight on this would be super helpful. I've looked into other posts on the forums, and no solid fix has been found. Thanks for your time!

Colin27921683aj0j_0-1673899208689.png

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, for starters we need to have some basic clues of what your situation is.

So ... OS, basic computer specs (including GPU of course), and the details of the two monitors. How are they connected to the computer, and what settings do you have in the OS for using the two monitors?

On PCs, the typical option is "extend my desktop to this monitor".

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out R Neil! Good point. My apologies. Here are the specs. Let me know if you need any additional info:

Device name DESKTOP-SC4IVRQ
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.79 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID 39F5D7F7-291E-4CD7-ADB1-E6F41AE6094C
Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I'm using a Windows operating system. The monitors are both LG monitors with model code: 32MN50W.  The HDMI adapter is "StarTech.com USB 3.0 to Dual HDMI Adapter - 1x 4K 30Hz & 1x 1080p." The setting I'm using for the monitors is "extend these displays. 

I'm running the latest version of Adobe Premiere. Windows is also running the latest version. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a GPU card installed, from either Nvidia or AMD?

It sounds like you're feeding both monitors from a USB output, not a monitor out or GPU card ... ?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. My graphics card is a AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT. 

Correct. Both monitors are running through a USB splitter.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines