• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Macs just suck? Sluggish on M3 Max

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Macs just suck or is Premier just not working well with Mac. Upgrade from an old Mac to this 36GB M3 Max MacBook Pro and it still bogs down on one 4k video playback with Corner Pin enabled at 1/4 playback resolution. Like it can't get past it, fans start running wild and I cant adjust the corner pin as it takes about 10 seconds to load each adjustment. So annoying. I dont want to be told I need more RAM it's a CPU load and I dont want to be told that a certain codec or format might slow it down. Its a 5 second 4k piece of footage from a Sony a7s3 - it should not be sluggish on a $5000 2024 machine

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Sorry for the poor experience. Do you see this issue with the most recent version of Premiere Pro? Please share a sample file with me through a private message if possible. We can test it to check what could be going wrong. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Please tag me (@) in your replies so that it notifies me and helps me respond promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try to change Sequence Settings -> Video Previews -> Preview File Format -> QuickTime

Codec -> Apple ProRes or GoPro Cineform instead of H.264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines