• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documentation - Mac

Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fails its users with bad documentation on “Premiere Pro for Apple silicon" - inadequate, poorly written, and false. (Current as of Nov 1, 2023).

1. by way of introduction

“Premiere Pro now runs natively on Macs with Apple silicon with average speed gains of around 80% compared with similarly configured previous-generation Apple systems. “

What is being compared here? What should I understand from this? Premiere Pro on an M1, or an M2, or an M3 runs on average about the same, ... almost twice as fast as Macs from 4 years ago. Or maybe Adobe means that each generation of Apple silicon runs 80% faster than the previous?

2. Under “Known differences and limitations”:
“Some differences in functionality and features are unavailable in Premiere Pro on Apple silicon chips.”

Read that again. This is not good English. Please hire a writer. Please hire an editor.

3. Under "Are legacy versions compatible?"
“Previous versions of Premiere Pro are compatible with Big Sur and there are no known issues at this time.  We recommend updating to the latest version of Premiere Pro for the best experience.”

Can anyone from Adobe tell me how to interpret the above sentences?
What does “previous versions” (which?) being compatible with a 3 year old operating system have to do with updating to the latest version of Premiere Pro? Should I be running Big Sur (from 2020?) in order to do this?

Further ... there are definitely "known issues at this time".

4. Previous noted issues still unaddressed.

5. Another example: “For Apple M2 systems, we recommend 16GB of shared memory (currently the maximum available).” This is flatly false information.

R.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?