Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop files from Windows Explorer but pasting Video or Audio only

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I dislike using the media browser and I prefer dragging from Windows Explorer* my files directly to my timeline (I know this sounds wrong to most of you). Is there any button that I can press while dragging the file to the timeline to paste the VIDEO or the AUDIO only of the clip? Wouldn't it be great for example if you holded ALT or SHIFT or CTRL to be able to do that?

(*I use the Windows Explorer because I use a lot of clipart which I might download during the process of the edit so I just use them from my downloads folder instead of having them imported all the time.)

What is your best way of doing it? Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MediaBrowser allows setting of favorites/quick-access folders, and if you're using from the same folders of clipart routinely, simply saving as a favority puts them at the top of the list on the left side of the MediaBrowser panel ... you don't ever navigate to that folder again. Just click.

It's the fastest way to get to routinely accessed media storage ... and at the same time, is the safest for getting all meta from that asset properly set in Premiere's project file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is 100% self contained then drag and drop is the same as using Media Browser.

If the file is not 100% contained (spanned clips, complex directories, external metadata files, etc) then Media Browser is the way to go because Premiere can properly identify the clips/structure before trying to import.

Quote from @mattchristensen 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the Mediabrowser and I just realised that there IS NO SORT button for date?? What is wrong with Adobe. Windows explorer is 100% better in this shorting methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines