Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Channel Video

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I am editing a a split-screen film (two screens film). I first tried to edit each screen in a seperate timeline and then nest them into a final timeline, but that was really time consuming for the sync between the two images and for the audio editing as well (since the best thing would be to have the audio for the two screens playng together always). So I tried editing them at once, in one single timeline, using black screen masked on top of them. The problem is I am using different sized footage, and when I re-scale one image inside the mask, it spread onto the other "screen". And it is too time-consuming to always crop each image after re-scaling it. Any thoughs on that?? Thanks!
Example:

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 14.35.33.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

For this reason before editing you copy audio from clips  from two sequences  in main sequence, link them and edit audio and video together.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for me the fastest way to work this kind of job is to apply on each clip transofrm effect and crop effect.

Do not use position and scale of the clip.

With crop effect of each clip you create masks for final split screen and with tranform effect you set zoom and position of each clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, since lots of clips have different sizes, I wouldn't be able to copy and paste the crop effect for them, making it extremely difficult to achieve the same exact screen size for each one in the final split screen film.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you make separate sequence for split screan and each clip in each sequence is scaled to fit, than put this two sequence in final sequence and again use transform and crop effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my initial plan, but it would make the sound editing and the sync
between the two screens too difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this reason before editing you copy audio from clips  from two sequences  in main sequence, link them and edit audio and video together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Stefan P, I believe that's the best way to go !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines