• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easiest way to sync srt files to video

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newbie here trying out the latest version (as I write this) of Premiere Pro on Windows 11.

My question relates to subtitles, and what is the easiest solution to my question below:-

I have an SRT subtitle track that is out of sync with the video. I am curious as to what may be the easiest way to fix this?

I know of sync options under one of the menus, and also know we now have Auto Transcribe. I haven't tried either, and I'm not sure how reliable Auto Transcribe actually is when creating the text. However, I'm assuming that Preiere Pro must be able to sync up existing text just as easily, or even more so, using a similar method?

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

same problem here (sorry, no solution). 

I have an SRT-file, a long one, that is just a tiny bit shorter than the 1:50 hour movie. I have already moved the first text to the first spoken line, but in the end, the text is not in sync anymore. It is about 36 seconds too fast. 

1. could it be that it has to do with the rate per second (29,97 vs 23,97)

2 is it possible to slow down the movie or speed up the vrt while in Premiere with 0,55%?

Hope somebody responds...

Best,

Carlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William

Trying helps!

Ignore my last email... I've just found a solution (maybe the solution). 

I have changed the speed-duration of the mov/mp4-file (right click > Speed/Duration). Just changed the speed from 100 tot 100,5482548 %.

And now it works!

Best, 

Carlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines