• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Edit Original"

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple versions of Premiere installed.  Currently I'm working in 2022 with an After Effects clip that was created in 2022.  When I select "edit original", AE 2023 launches.  Is there any way to get Premiere to launch the AE 2022 instead of AE 2023?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple versions of Premiere installed.  Currently I'm working in 2022 with an After Effects clip that was created in 2022.  When I select "edit original", AE 2023 launches.  Is there any way to get Premiere to launch the AE 2022 instead of AE 2023?

By @eddieT333

In Windows one can select the default app, iow wich version of After Effects that will launch when double clicking on a .aep file. This will affect Edit Original as well since it basically launches the .aep file that created the file you use in Premiere Pro.

This screen dump is from Windows 11, but searching for "default app" in Windows 10 should be enough to get to the right place.

Averdahl_0-1668720490147.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.  I found it and set it but it still opens up AE 2023  when I choose Edit Original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.  I found it and set it but it still opens up AE 2023  when I choose Edit Original.

By @eddieT333

O.k, that has worked for me before but i did test here and i see the same thing as well, iow though AE2022 is the default app AE2023 launches when using Edit Original.

I can´t test it now, but maybe un-installing AE2022 and the re-installing AE2022 may fix it. The last version installed generally "wins". Now AE2023 is the winner, but uninstall/reinstalling AE2022 may give the Crown back to AE2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That makes sense.  Appreciate the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines