• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing and Saving mgrt in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends. I have a simple question that I know you'll be able to answer. I purchased a couple of awesome motion graphics templates from the Adobe Stock platform. I will use these in a 12-part vlog series. I changed the color scheme of the mgrt in the first video I used it in. I would like to save that color scheme and use it in all episodes. I realize that I can re-edit the mgrt each time I use it, but I'm hoping I can save the edited template to a new template, and then I won't have to change the color scheme every time I use it. Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Mr Mike,

I'm with the stock team and I was able to get some info for you from the Premiere folks.  Hopefully this could help.

First, and this is probably the quickest way to do it, you could always just copy the modified Motion Graphic Template (or MOGRT) in your timeline (right click and select copy) and then paste it in the new timline (CTRL V) should paste it for you.

Alternatively, you can try a few things depending on what kind of MOGRT it is.  

If it's not an After Effects MOGRT then you c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Mike,

I'm with the stock team and I was able to get some info for you from the Premiere folks.  Hopefully this could help.

First, and this is probably the quickest way to do it, you could always just copy the modified Motion Graphic Template (or MOGRT) in your timeline (right click and select copy) and then paste it in the new timline (CTRL V) should paste it for you.

Alternatively, you can try a few things depending on what kind of MOGRT it is.  

If it's not an After Effects MOGRT then you can change the MOGRT to a Source Graphic.

1. Highlight the MOGRT on the timeline
  2. Graphics Menu > Upgrade to Source Graphic
  3. Rename the generic "Graphic" item on the project panel to be more descriptive
  4. Use again and again throughout your project

If it is an Ae MOGRT, then you can modify the original file in Ae to your settings.

You can open an AE Mogrt via AE with the following steps:
  1. Launch AE
  2. Use File > Open
  3. Select the Mogrt file
  4. Follow the dialog that pops up and asks you what folder you want top extract the project to
  5. and boom you’ve got the .aep
  6. Every Mogrt has the related .aep inside

And then you can reimport the newly modified Ae Mogrt into your EGP.  
These are the options we have for you as of now.  Currently there's no way to just say "save it".  

Hope this helps,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, coming at you from almost three years from when this was posted.  I have the same problem, but my Premiere Adobe stock mogrt has the "Upgrade to Source Graphic" greyed out in the Graphics menu, but I need this mogrt to retain settings for individuals throughout a production project (ie, maintaining lower third information to just drop in the timeline instead of re-entering information each time).

Any ideas of how to do this when I cannot access the upgrade option?

We're still on Premiere 23.6.2 since we can't upgrade in the middle of a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this thread to the Premiere Pro forum as this is a problem with Premiere Pro use and not so much an Adobe stock issue.

@MrMike304 ,

If @JayI14's answer solves your problem, you may mark that answer “correct” and as such help other people with similar problems.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines