• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Off Of Creative Cloud Files Workflow?

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing the same premiere and after-effects projects on Mac and my home PC, so in order to share those files between each computer I've been using the Creative Cloud File feature. What I usually do is copy the file from the Creative Cloud folder and put it on my main editing drive (SSD). But when I edited a video recently, I forgot to do that and just edited directly from the creative cloud folder and it worked really well (in terms of rendering speed, playback, etc.). 

Is editing off the creative cloud a decent workflow when working between 2 computers? 

Any information on this or just a general discussion would be great! 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might work ok at times ... IF the latency is low, and on both ends you have high-speed internet ... and Jupiter ain't aligned with Mars.

And of course, you're working with intraframe media like ProRes, Cineform, or DNx variants. And 1920x1080 or less for framesize ... no 120fps sequences ... 

But at other times, not so much.

My partner and I use the LucidLink service to move files to timelines from the London Amazon S3 servers our data 'lives' on. LucidLink sends the files frame-by-frame, so it gets amazing use as long as 1) you're above 150Mbps, and 2) latency is low. If not, you can 'pin' certain files to a local drive and it will download in the background.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines