Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Encoding stuck at 100%

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have several times now tried encoding my hyperlapse footage which was taken with my Dji Mavic 2 Pro. It never seems to work, I have cleared cache already. The only way I seem to get it to encode is when I change the resolution, but then the black bars appear which I do not fancy. I want to use the resolution given from the images.

What happens is that it says that it will take approximately 35 seconds to finish at first, and then it gets stuck at around 40-50% encoding. And then it gradually slows down and is really slow at encoding. When it reaches 100% it just stays as 100% and nothing else.

What troubles me is that it says the estimated file size will be 35 mb, when only one of the 125 images averages a file size of 6 mb.

Here are some screenshots of Media Encoder:

https://i.gyazo.com/e1b4d3957c5bca56806d096590033fbd.jpg

https://i.gyazo.com/24b0f713525b83e06f7553c86f58ed7d.jpg

Footage info:
5568x3648
240 dpi
24 bit depth

Camera info:
Hasselblad L1D-20c

F/2.8

1/40

ISO-800

Expo: -3

10 mm

2.971

I can upload the images if needed.

Views

27.3K

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hamedhaghjo,

Sorry for the trouble. Please try the best practices recommended in this article to use images in Premiere Pro and see if it fixes the issue: Importing still images into Premiere Pro

Let us know the status after testing.

Thanks,

Vidya

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the images already edited, I added them as image sequence also. Still same issue!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the intended use for this video?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for commercial use.

Figured I should also add my computer specifications:

Intel i9-9900K

RTX 2080 ti

32 GB 3200Mhz ram

z390 MOBO (Aorus Master)

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

I would recommend setting your sequence to standard specs, either DCI or UHD.  Live with the black bars, or crop the image to fill.

Export to Cineform YUV 10 bit found under the QuickTime Format.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with UHD preset with blackbars. This is so strange. It goes very quick to 45% and from there it takes forever to get to 100% and even so it still does not finish. It says 24mb estimated file size now when encoding...

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You changed the sequence settings?

You're exporting to a Cineform QuickTime file?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hamedhaghjo,

Please try to switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and check if it's exporting properly.

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope doesn't work. I have met and even raised my RAM to 60 gigs. Every suggestion seems to make it worse. Folks... it's tedious but just cancel if it takes twice the estimated time and try again. Worst case, reboot and try again. Far less time than the tedious run around troubleshooting steps and needless "figure 8" knowledge base solutions.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines