• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eos vr r5c plug in

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the camera; a chap on youtube says Premiere will see the file and convert it to equirectangular, but the reality is the opposite.....

Has anyone managed to load this plug successfully?

Does Adobe automatically acknowledge and convert?

Does the Canon plug-in extract to the correct place? the subscription and activation folder has to be found and activated.

If anyone has succeeded, what format did you shoot in raw....mp4...etc?

Can anyone write a breakdown of how to install for Dummies...(not just for me Canon may find this useful too)?

Adobe sees the fish eye images in all formats on youtube simply drag and drop adobe converts...not so to an extent Adobe must have some input into plugins as they have a reputation to maintain; the Canon VR utility worked but was poor and only saw mp4 files...limited to this format.

I have very little hair left most has been pulled out.

If the plugin is in Java, does it need to be extracted into a container in Premiere, or does it work from the plug-ins folder....I may have put my question across....help begins to dribble and mumble...

Thank you,

Philip

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESo VR plugin does not support raw file format from R5C 😄 

you have to convert to mp4 first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you. The EOS VR Utility doesn't open up any file type, and the plug in doesn't appear in Premiere Pro. I've currently got nothing working. Bloody nightmare!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Sam. That is frustrating! Can you report the bug here? I will also ask the team about this plug-in.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a fix for this? I'm experiencing the same issue. Canon VR Utility doesn't recognize any of my canon raw  files, even when it's converted to mp4. And no VR plugin shows up in Premiere Pro. If you find a solution, please share! Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Andrea

I did manage to get things working, basically you need to shoot mp4 you can go to 8k but at 25fps, this will then open in Premiere ok shoot with a lower res proxy and work from that on the other card prctice and keep at it.....I get Friday off from the asylum for good behaviour and not mentioning Adobe......Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Philip! I am not able to reshoot unfortunately. Did you find any workaround using Canon Raw files in Adobe or Canon Utility? Or you just abandoned it and shooting mp4s? Many thanks, Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

Sorry about this. Can you provide a short source clip you are having trouble with? You can upload files to Creative Cloud, DropBox, Google Drive, or whatever works for you. I can forward a link to engineering and attach it to an internal bug. 

You can also file an issue amongst these bug reports that I found: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/filters/new?query=Eos%20vr%20r5c I currently do not have access to the footage.

I plan to help you get a fix in place, but I need to locate a piece of source footage so I can reproduce your error. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks so much. Yes, let me prep a file and upload it for you. Best,Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Send me a PM as well when you do. I don't want this one to slip by me.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,  here's a link to a sample raw file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Hb3vvQvtyJiAyCp4yfIYCi7tO09irptj?usp=sharing

Thanks so much!

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, Andrea; I passed on the link. We're a bit too close to the weekend to get any feedback, but I'll see if I can get some word ASAP. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update to this, Kevin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no, Westbound Hero. I will let the team know that the community is looking for a fix again.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea, 

I am sorry, but Canon's RAW format is not supported for this media type. You need to transcode it to .mp4 first. You can use the Utility or the plug-in directly in Premiere Pro. 

Note: if you are on an ARM Mac, you must be in Rosetta Mode in Premiere Pro to use the plug-in. The Utility may be more performant to use natively. 

I hope the info helps.

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for testing this on your end. Unfortunately, transcoding the files didn't work either. 

Best,

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested this today on Mac M1 16" laptop and Premiere Pro v23.0 and macOS 12.6

A few quick notes on common issues I see.. 

(1) Make sure you are running the latest version of the Canon plug-in as it now supports R5C (not Canon Raw files)

You can download here:  https://sas.image.canon/st/en/vru.html?region=1 

There are 2 downloads - One is their  Canon EOS VR Utility to convert their camera MP4 files into Equirectangler  files so you can Export to different codecs. The second is the Premiere Pro Plugin which will automatically apply the settings when you import into Premiere Pro.

(2) Canon has not updated their plugin to support native Apple Silicon(M1/M2) yet and you'll need to make sure you are running in Rosetta mode (get info on Premiere Pro application and check the Rosetta box).

**Note** currently Canon only supports their MP4 file which also writes a "Side Car File" .XML that tells the VR Utility various settings . You need both files to make things work. If you are moving media around, make sure to grab the matching XML file.

Common Errors

If you import Canon .mp4 footage into Premiere and you see both "round" images instead of 2 Equirectangler images then the plugin is not working and you need to either install it or you are running on an M1/M2 mac and not launched in Rosetta mode. Windows 10/11 worked as expected.

If  you need to make an adjustment, you need to select the file in the timeline first and then goto the Effects Panel and lastly click on Source settings and you will see the Canon VR controls. This only works in  Source settings and not as an applied effect. 

Lastly - I made quick graphic to show a few picts of what I mentioned above... 

hope this helps.... 

DKH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We followed these steps in our lab but the EOS VR Plugin does not appear for us.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a picture of what it shows for us on our adobe premier. EOS Plugin Absent.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from the picture you are not clicking on the Source • Canon Beach 180 Footage  . You have selected the Sequence 01• Canon Beach 180 Footage (it's highlighted Blue). Canon wrote their plugin as a Source Effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry - what does that mean and how do we change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear VISNLab,

See this screenshot.

EOS Plugin Absent.png

Click the tab that says "Source" and the clip name. It's highlighted in red. Does the plug-in appear in the Source tab?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Subcribed & installed the plugin. Didn't show up. Uninstalled Premiere and installed again. Didn't show up. Uninstalled the plugin and installed it again. Didn't show up. Tried opening Premiere with Rosetta checked, still didn't show up.

Here's a screenshot of an imported mp4 proxy file straight out of R5c. Nothing showed up in Effect Control:

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 8.08.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines