• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: "We were unable to open the file on disk"

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm trying to add a file to my project I get this error.  I found several other threads about this specific problem but unfortunately none of the things I found solve my problem.
Here's what I already checked:

- Installing the Windows Media Pack (this was already installed)

- Installing another optional windows feature called graphic tools and restart

- Moving the file to another disk

Some background

The file is a MOV file.  I've several other MOV files in the same directory.  Some of them can be imported but multiple files have this problem that they can't be imported.

I'm on Windows 11, I can play the files with Windows Media Player and VLC without any problems.

All videos are made with the same ActionCam so they should all be using the same codec I suppose.
The particular file I'm trying to open now is close to 3GB but I noticed that there are also some videos of 550MB that can't be opened.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Solved by using handbrake to encode the file at a constant framerate.

Shoutout to the excellent remote support from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody suggested to convert the file to MP4 so I tried to do that with Adobe Media Encoder but there I get the same problem.  I can't import the file in Adobe Media Encoder either.

I could try to download another program and convert with that but there should be an easier solution I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved by using handbrake to encode the file at a constant framerate.

Shoutout to the excellent remote support from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but if i convert my mov which has every detail in it to .mp4 , it will loose the vieo quality since i have to edit that video. There's no point to convert 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines