Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics Credit Roll Needs To Stop Midway Onscreen

Explorer ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am needing to start my credits offscreen and end midway onscreen in Essential Graphics.  I am using Premiere CC2022.

In the past, in legacy titles, the titles would stop once they got to the mid-screen point, and then I would add a still version of the titles after that to extend the credits' duration to however long I needed them to be onscreen. 

Is there a workflow equivalent of that on the timeline with Essential Graphics? 

I have the 'start offscreen' selected and the 'end offscreen' de-selected.

When the text rolls, it barely gets above the bottom of the screen, and then it stops. 

How can I make it stop in the middle of the screen?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)  Select end off-screen.

2)  Trim the clip to where it is in the middle as you want it.

3)  Either add a frame hold or do a frame grab and extend it for the length desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no, it still doesn't work in Premiere CC2022. 
No matter how long or short I make my title clip, the text never makes it beyond the bottom of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to press return several times after what you've typed to add lines to have it end where you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting close to getting it to work. 

The only thing now is that the text will 'jump' after the scroll and when it gets into the still, non-rolling, part. 

I've tried deleting and starting over again, many times, but it's very inconsistent.  Sometimes the beginning scroll up will match the text position in the still, and sometimes the scroll up that follows the still will match, but both don't tend to.

In the legacy titles, there was an icon you would click on to duplicate the settings of another title to create a new one.  That was handy when doing this type of thing.  Is there a way to do that in 2022 CC?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the beginning scroll up will match the text position in the still, and sometimes the scroll up that follows the still will match, but both don't tend to.

By @buckwald2112

Then try pressing Enter to render the timeline and turn the red or yellow line above the timeline to green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I tried that, but, the scrolling still jumps a little when moving to the still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your still may be off by a frame or two.

Can you post a video showing you creating the still?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!
Here's a link to the problematic title.  I've noticed that this font seems to be more noticable in the 'jumping down' that it does between the roll-in and the still.  It's the Adobe Devanagari font, which, when my Premiere Pro updated, indicated that that font was missing, although I don't recall having used it in previous projects/versions.  Anyway, I installed it and am using it here, as it was indicated to be used in the previous project. 
I changed briefly to Century Gothic, to test, and the transition is smoother, but still has the jump.

Thanks for any leads.  🙂

The 'c' video below is me making a new title roll just a minute ago.  I'm still learning this interface, so it's a bit slow.  However, the roll appears to be without the jump (although it may have a small one).
The 'd' video below is the original problematic title jump that happens after the roll on-screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of copying the last frame, try doing a frame grab (using the camera icon in the Program Monitor) of it and insert the frame grab into the timeline and stretch its duration as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Frame Hold?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your help in this! 
I benefited greatly from all of your input.  In the end, what made that jump go away was to make sure I had the horizontal center activated for the roll and the still, so that they would line up.  I cannot believe it was something that basic, but perhaps being in the new layout threw me a little bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I have this problem again in another project, and it seems to only be with titles that are just one line in length. Those that are 2 lines don't seem to have the jumping problem.
I've tried this with different fonts, and I've tried adding the extra space to make up for the missing line, but that doesn't work. I've checked the vertical center, and it's activated.

Thanks for any leads. It seems that it should work the same regardless of how many lines a title is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines