Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export a custom number of frames from a video

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. 

I want to export a certain number of evenly-spaced frames.

For example, for a 6-second video, I want 3 frames, so I want a still image at 0/3/6-second mark, respectively. 

I searched high and low on the internet but failed to get an answer. Export image sequence gives me all the frames (more than I need). There are also suggestions for setting markers and export a frame at each marker, but I don't know how to set markers evenly as well as how to automate the process.

I want to export frames by setting the final exported frame count (10, 20, 30 frames, etc, always with the first and last frames and middle frames evenly spaced), not by setting the time interval between frames (ex. every 1.32 seconds), so I don't have to deal with any math.

I am completely new to Premiere Pro. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed I can choose "frame rate" from "Export  As Sequence", however, the lowest frame rate I can set is 1. For a 30s video, the lowest number of frames I can extract 30, but what if I want 15? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to start from the beginning. Learn about video and then also Premiere. Video runs on frames, so when you see a 'still' shot from an image. It's still many frames going by, at say 30 frames per second a video will have 60 frames for a 2 second image. Your example is lacking, as in a six second video - the video you want at '-/-/6 second mark', would just flash one frame, and your video would be over.

I'm not sure what you need, but your method is not going to work. But if you have 3 pictures you want to put up, they would go at 0, 2 and 4 seconds, or at the 0 frame, 60 frame spot and 120 frame spot and you whole piece will be 180 frames long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are going to need to do that manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think After Effects is the better program for this. See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/export-every-nth-frame/m-p/11101697#M110970

It may still not be what you are looking for, but the post I linked, and others in that thread, will give you some ideas.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines