Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export as Animated Gif with infinite play loop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been trying to export a video clip as a GIF that will automatically loop when opened with a web browser or uploaded to social media or Youtube. I can't seem to get the loop part of the GIF to work, and I can't find a check box or something that will enable that as an option. I have resorted to just exporting my short video clips as regular video, then uploading to a 3rd party GIF creator online. 

Is there a way to create looping GIFs straight out of Premiere? If not, I feel like this should just be a checkbox setting (loop or not loop).

Thank you for your help.

S

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All GIFs should loop by default. Try uploading it to giphy and see if it works. It could just be where you're previewing it that it won't loop.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so, too, but I have not been able to get my Premiere GIFs to loop and I have opened them in several different apps. Giphy has been one of my workarounds. I've exported GIFs from Premiere, upload them to giphy, then download or share from there and that gets the loop working. Thanks for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export it as an mp4 or mov and convert it to a gif with a converter: https://cloudconvert.com/mp4-to-gif

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the sort of thing I have been doing. I'd like to be able to just export as a looping GIF straight from Premiere if possible (to save a step). Have you been successful exporting looping GIFs from Premiere? I was just wondering if I am missing something. Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I did it a little while ago and it worked fine... but it is definitely possible that whatever you used to preview it doesn't loop gifs. Try previewing it in different media players, like text it to yourself or try it on your phone. I don't think your missing anything, though. I'd have to check but, maybe is there a setting in render settings that you can turn on loop? You can check that out.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried a variety of programs, encluding two browsers and Youtube. None of them loop the GIFs straight from Premiere, but all loop giphy and other GIF maker-type GIFs just fine. If there is a setting, that is what I'm looking for. I am sure this is a Premiere issue and not a GIF playback issue. Thanks, Jake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines