• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting DCP in DaVinci Resolve -One clip looks bad

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting a project to DCP to be screened at a film festival and the deadline is today.

It is my first time exporting a DCP. I'm using DaVinci Resolve 17. The film was made using archival footage that is lower quality off of the internet. When I export everything looks good except for one clip. The clip is set at night and fairly dark in colour. It adds these banded type of colours and almost looks geothermal (this does not happen when I export for web or Apple Pro Res...)

This is what I have selected.

Format: DCP Codec: Kakadu Type: 2K DCI Flat

Maximum bit rate 200.

The project was originally created in Rec 709 scene. I have played around with the colour spaces but I'm not able to fix this one clip.

I have also tried exporting this clip at a high resolution and re-importing it but this did not work either. I have also tried changing the timeline resolution to match the export but this didn't work either.

How do I fix this? Does anyone have any ideas.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a Photoshop-related question? DaVinci Resolve is a third party software, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines