• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting multichannel with Stereo, Surround, and Stems

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  Trying to export a ProRes 422HQ deliverable, and they want the multichannel audio to be set up like this:
Stereo L/R

Surround 5.1

M&E Stem L/R

DX Stem L/R

FX Stem L/R

MX Stem L/R

The audio files were sent to us from a trust sound studio, and the specs are all correct.  My sequence looks exactly like what they're asking for.  I used the Audio Track Mixer panel to make sure the patching was sending the right audio to the right channels, and during the export, I made sure the audio delivery was showing proper mapping as well.  After all of that, when I look at the audio of my export, It shows me 8 stereo tracks, and fails the client's QC process, because the second track shows up as stereo.

My edit rig does not have a 5.1 setup, and I'm wondering if that's preventing the export from arranging the audio the way I'm expecting it, even though the 5.1 file I got from the sound studio is solid.  Or is there some other function I'm unaware of that I need to address as well?  I'm using 15.4.0 currently.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding some screenshots for more clarity
    

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 9.04.57 AM.png

 

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 8.57.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 8.57.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 9.00.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 9.02.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Premiere would need to have the 5.1 as separate channels, not a single stereo channel. And have those channels of the 5.1 "type". I don't think Premiere can work with the 'condensed' surround audion into a single stereo channel.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this method and while the tracks that were supposed to be stereo came out as stereo, the 5.1 simply refuses to export to 5.1 within the multichannel.  It's maddening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and the workflow is a bit of a nightmare and very unintuitive.  I only have to do these kind of deliverables every year or so and always have forgotten exactly how to do it...    Usually you're given very precise specs for the delivery and as Neil has said, part of that is keeping the 6 tracks of 5.1 discreet...  Do some googling and searching this forum and hopefully you'll find the correct answer.  If you have any questions, post back and I'll bang my head against the wall a few times and see what shakes out...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To sort this complex type of audio out I normally have to get either @Jarle Leirpoll massive book out, or email him directly. My head doesn't store all the minutia here that well!  lol

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reached out to Jarle.  Thanks for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did youy find the solution to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines