Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting synchronised clips as separate files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I need to synchronize 2 videos, make short clips, and export the clips as separate files. I am creating a series of clips from two different camera angles. When I make a clip from a single video, I just mark in and out for the clip and export. Takes 20 seconds to export the clip, Now I need to do the same but with two synchronized videos and when I try to make the clip by marking in and out, and then hit export, it doesn't export the clip but one whole video, and takes 30 MINUTES.

Is there an easy and quick way to

- synchronize 2 videos from two cameras

- select clips

- export the selected clips individually (so the same clip from the two cameras separately).

Thank you!! I really hope someone can help as I have wasted sooo much time trying to figure this out myself and my research time is evaporating before my eyes!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Premiere has multicam capabilities, see the following...

Create and edit a multi-camera sequence in Premiere Pro

I do this all the time and you can synchronize using audio assuming both videos have audio to match with. If not, you can sync other ways... feel free to chime back if you can't figure it out.

But this just creates the multicam sequence... I think you want to do that first but then expert each camera's footage (from the multicam sequence) separately. You can do that by selecting the mu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has multicam capabilities, see the following...

Create and edit a multi-camera sequence in Premiere Pro

I do this all the time and you can synchronize using audio assuming both videos have audio to match with. If not, you can sync other ways... feel free to chime back if you can't figure it out.

But this just creates the multicam sequence... I think you want to do that first but then expert each camera's footage (from the multicam sequence) separately. You can do that by selecting the multicam footage, right-clicking and choosing New Sequence, then choose the first camera for that sequence. Repeat the same thing but choose the second camera for the second sequence. Export both sequences.

It's unclear what your high-level goal is so there may be an overall better approach. It's unclear whether you actually need a multicam sequence or not so the above may be more than what you need. What you want to do is very simple and there are tons of ways to do it... not just with a multicam sequence... but it's unclear you need to do what you are asking about without knowing the end goal...  why?

Anyway hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashley has most of what you need.

Do a multi-cam sequence and edit to get cam1 and cam2 cut forth and back, then flatten. Take the flattened sequence (which now behaves like a clip) into the Source Monitor, set in/out and "make subclip".

Repeat for as many clips as you need.

Select them in the bin in the project panel and select export media as clips.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by 'flatten' but thank you for your reply. My clips are exporting now so all is well! Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the right-click options in a multi-cam track on the timeline? One of the options is "flatten".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh right, I'll take a look. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ashley7! Appreciate your time and your helpful reply. Video clips exporting fine now! Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines