• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme perfomance difference between prores 422 and prores 4444

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently recorded clips through the atomos ninja v in prores raw (4k 60) and in the media encoder i encoded it to prores 4444 (300  nits, rec 2100 PQ) but  in premiere pro my cpu usage goes to 100% and it is stuttering with  other prores 422 clips it only goes up to 10% and in davinci resolve my cpu usage goes to 30 percent without stuttering with the same prores 4444 files. I have have gpu acceleration on.

My specs are: cpu ryzen 5 3600 with an rtx 3060 super and 16gb ram

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes 4444 is the highest quality ProRes flavor (other than XQ) and is a massive resource hog. It's generally only used as a mastering codec or to prep shots for VFX work. 422 is much lighter and easier to work with, that's why your computer isn't struggling with it.

Can I ask why you're transcoding at all? Premiere Pro can cut ProRes RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the late response

i am transcoding because i wanted to do the color grading in davinci resolve.

and in davinci playback for prores 4444 works just fine but in premiere its dropping frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some variations of Pro Res are harder to playback. Premiere Pro used to have good realtime playback performance but not anymore. The video link below might be worth watching. Having said that a lot of people are switching to Resolve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines