• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fast playback (multicam) won't stop until end of timeline reached

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've had this problem for the last two days with Adobe CC (fully up to date). When I play my timeline faster than normal speed (hitting "L") I often cannot stop it until it reaches the end of the timeline. The only way I found to get out of this is by putting my computer to sleep and restarting it.This aparently only seems to happen when I'm playing an embedded multicam sequence that I am editing. A simple clip on a timeline seems to play, accelerate and stop correctly.

Video files used : 1920X1080 .MOV files from a CANON 60D DSLR camera.

My system is a HP Z820 Workstation with 16 Gig RAM, a Firepro V7900 graphic card and a Windows 7 Professional (SP1) 64-bit operating system.

Anyone has ever had that problem? Thank you for your help.

JFL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 100 Replies 100
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, several others have reported this issue in other threads on this forum. I actually hit the problem myself a few times in 7.1, and a fix went into that release. But apparently we did not nail all the cases, and we have not been able to isolate a consistent repro case--which makes it very difficult for a developer to investigate further.

Please start by double-checking that you're on the current version--7.2.2 (Several customer have reported being up-to-date, but upon further review found they were on 7.0...) If you are on 7.2.2 and can reproduce the problem consistently, I'd like to either get a copy of the project or confer with you about troubleshooting it to isolate the key variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark and thank you for your fast answer. I just double checked and yes, I am running the 7.2.2 Premiere Pro version. I also just tried to import one of my problematic multicam sequences in a new project to check if it would reproduce the problem but having only this sequence, the 2 cam sequence and the associated video clips works just fine. I am currently working on the first editing steps of a complex 50 multicam interviews project with more than 700 GB footage. Would you still like to have a copy of my project? Hoping that I can soon get Premiere to work fine because it is very time consuming not to be able to play at more than normal speed.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue on 7.2.2, but it's not always as bad as non-stop playback.  Sometimes it just keeps playing for a few seconds after I press "K" or "Spacebar" to stop.

I'm editing a four-camera multicam clip, and it only happens when I'm editing in multicam mode.  It pretty much makes multicam unusable.  I would be happy to send you a copy of the project file if that would help.

MY FILES:

1920x1080 MPEG2 proxies at 17mbps (four streams)

Audio - 44.1Khz WAV exported from audition (one stream)

MY SYSTEM:

Intel Q9550 quad core at 2.83Ghz

EVGA Nvidia 560ti / 2GB VRAM

16Gigs of Patriot DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P (Rev A3 / BIOS vF8c)

System Drive - 500GB WD Caviar Black running Windows 7

Media Drive - 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black (Internal RAID 0 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, for sharing your case. I must say that for me too, it is not always as bad as non-stop playback. It even works fine on certain sequences... but it keeps doing it every day and it is really annoying and time consuming! Is it also related, I sometimes need to click twice or three times to move my cursor on my timeline; it will jump back  to where it was playing before.

I really hope that Mark and the Adobe Staff can soon find a fix for that. Anything you can do, Mark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue in CC2014.  In fact, it seems to have gotten worse.

Just playing back in multicam mode causes Premiere to completely ignore any commands from the mouse or keyboard!

This is becoming a huge obstacle for working on multicam projects in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure it wasn't my machine, I also tested this out on my laptop.  Still getting the issue there.

People seem to be having this issue on a wide variety of setups.  Has everyone taken the time to file a bug report for this?

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A QE colleague and I put our heads together about this issue this afternoon. We remain unable to repro it in-house--at least not since one bug in this vein was fixed in 7.1 as I mentioned in Post #1 above. That plus the fact that a relatively small number of customers are reporting this problem leads us to believe that the bug is contingent on something common to your workflows or hardware configurations or content or ....

So in hopes of isolating the key, we came up with the following questions & requests. As you'll see, this is a bit of fishing expedition, but given that we have no way of knowing where the key is hiding, that's the best approach.

1. Does this happen regardless of playback speed or only when the MC sequence is playing at greater than real time (via JKL)
  2. Does this occur regardless of the zoom level in the Timeline and the Program Monitor? If it happens only when you’re zoomed way in—or at least it seems more likely to happen in that case—please report how exactly you adjust the zoom level [in case you’re not aware, there are at least four ways to do this…]
  3. What is your exact workflow for starting and stopping playback? Do you do this entirely by keyboard, entirely by clicking buttons, or a combination?
  4. In the Program Monitor, is the Show Multi-Camera Preview Monitor option enabled?
  5. When the app is in the state where playback will not stop, does it help to toggle focus to another program and then back to Premiere?
  6. Is Mercury Transmit enabled? If so, with what hardware? Does the problem persist if you disable Transmit? [Note that with some configurations, Transmit is known to impact performance and responsiveness.]
  7. Where is your content stored? Internal hard drive? External drive? SAN? …
  8. If you experience both the case where playback cannot be stopped at all and the one where playback continues for several seconds after the Stop command, are there any patterns in the occurrence of these two behaviors?

Info about your multicam sequence(s)

1. How exactly do you create your multicam sequences? By nesting one sequence in another and enabling multicam (old school)? By selecting clips in the Project panel and using the Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence command (the New Coke)? In PluralEyes?
  2. If you use multiple workflows, do you have problems stopping playback regardless of how a given sequence was created?
  3. If you use the Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence workflow, exactly what settings do you select in the dialog by the same name?
  4. Is “Multi-Camera Audio Follows Video” enabled? Using audio follow video on "switch cameras" MC clip?
  5. Have you used the Edit Cameras feature in the Source or Program Monitor?
  6. Have you changed the camera for an edited sequence by right-clicking the segment and selecting from the Multi-Camera submenu?
  7. What effects, if any, are applied to the multicam source sequence? To its constituent clips? In particular, have you toyed with Time Remapping, Speed/Duration, or any other effects that affect playback speed? Have you used Interpret Footage to change the frame rate of any clips in the multicam source sequence?
  8. Does it matter how many cameras the multicam sequence contains? That is, can you repro with only two cameras, or does this happen only when you’re working with, say, 8 or more?
  9. Does the duration of the multicam sequence matter? That is, can you repro with sequences that are only couple minutes long, or only with those longer than, say 15 minutes?
  10. Do you have more than one multicam sequence in the master sequence where you’re editing multicam cuts?
  11. What format(s) of clips are used?

Believe it or not, our list of questions was considerably longer. But we decided that a set of screenshots would be the most efficient way to gather this info:

• Your entire PPro workspace. If it’s spread across multiple monitors, make sure that the screenshot shows the PPro panels on all of them.
  • Timeline Display Settings menu (accessed via the panel’s wrench icon. The first option is Show Video Thumbnails.)
  • The Timeline panel menu (opened by right-clicking the panel’s tab. Top entry is Undock Frame.)
  • Preferences>General
  • Preferences>Playback

Rather than posting all these screenshots here, please send them directly to me. I'll email each of you momentarily. You can simply reply to the email and attach the screenshots. If you prefer, you can include your answers to all the questions above in the email, too.

We realize it will be a chore to fill in all these blanks and provide the screenshots. But in cases where we cannot reproduce a problem, collecting information from customers who are affected by the issue is the best way to nail it down. And our odds of getting a handle on it increase with each data point we receive. So we sincerely appreciate your cooperation.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the course of collecting email address from the various threads on this issue, I found one that I don't recall seeing before, which happens to have a workaround posted: Playback won't stop in multicam sequence

If your PPro workspace is spread across multiple monitors, please try collecting all panels on one monitor and report whether that avoids the infinite playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the bug previously on multiple monitors and I think I remembered also having the problem on one monitor. Having said that, I'm now trying my one monitor workspace and it is not freezing for me. I'll let you know if I can figure out if it's coincidence or if it's actually solving the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is really bad on my system!

The moment I start playback in multicam mode, Premiere becomes completely unresponsive to any commands from the mouse or keyboard. Playback continues, both video and audio keep playing, but there is no way to switch cameras or stop playback or do anything at all. Can't even close Premiere. Minimizing and then restoring the Premiere window helps about 1 times out of 20 -- playback will then stop. Most of the times I have to force close Premiere from the Task Manager.

I tried collecting all panels on one monitor. This allowed me to edit multicam for about a day, and then the issue came back. Not sure what that means. Having all panels on one monitor seems to make the issue happen less often, but it still does happen!

Mark -- can you please send me an email too so I can send you my screenshots?

System specs:

Premiere CC 8.0.1 (21)

Windows 7 64 bit, SP1

RAM: 24 GB

CPU:  Intel Xeon X5680 @ 3.33Ghz (12 threads)

VIDEO:  NVIDIA Quadro 4000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue continues and it's killing me!

Mark -- can you please send me an email too so I can send you my screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone I am seeing marked improvement on this bug when you use a workspace that is only on one monitor, not streched across three. It can still lag and keep playing for 10-20 seconds but DOES eventually stop, which is still annoying but much less paralyzing and destructive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my answers to Mark :

Does this happen regardless of playback speed or only when the MC sequence is playing at greater than real time (via JKL)

Regardless but more often @ fast play

Does this occur regardless of the zoom level in the Timeline and the Program Monitor? If it happens only when you’re zoomed way in—or at least it seems more likely to happen in that case—please report how exactly you adjust the zoom level [in case you’re not aware, there are at least four ways to do this…]

Regardless the zoom level.

What is your exact workflow for starting and stopping playback? Do you do this entirely by keyboard, entirely by clicking buttons, or a combination?

Keyboard only

In the Program Monitor, is the Show Multi-Camera Preview Monitor option enabled?

Yes

When the app is in the state where playback will not stop, does it help to toggle focus to another program and then back to Premiere?

Yes but not everytime.

Is Mercury Transmit enabled? If so, with what hardware? Does the problem persist if you disable Transmit? [Note that with some configurations, Transmit is known to impact performance and responsiveness.]

Mercury Transmit disabled. Tried both. Same problem.

Where is your content stored? Internal hard drive? External drive? SAN? …

Internal Sata III HDD (2 x 3 To Raid 0 @ 300 MB/s read/write)

If you experience both the case where playback cannot be stopped at all and the one where playback continues for several seconds after the Stop command, are there any patterns in the occurrence of these two behaviors?

I had both cases but I don't know exactly what causes each case.

How exactly do you create your multicam sequences? By nesting one sequence in another and enabling multicam (old school)? By selecting clips in the Project panel and using the Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence command (the New Coke)? In PluralEyes?

Old school method. Manual sync in a sequence by nesting

If you use multiple workflows, do you have problems stopping playback regardless of how a given sequence was created?

Didn't test

If you use the Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence workflow, exactly what settings do you select in the dialog by the same name?

N/A

Is “Multi-Camera Audio Follows Video” enabled? Using audio follow video on "switch cameras" MC clip?

No. Audio is out of the multicam clip. Only video in the nested multicam clip.

Have you used the Edit Cameras feature in the Source or Program Monitor?

I did both and exact same problem in both cases

Have you changed the camera for an edited sequence by right-clicking the segment and selecting from the Multi-Camera submenu?

No. Only by keyboard shortcut or clic on a camera picture in the multicam window

What effects, if any, are applied to the multicam source sequence? To its constituent clips? In particular, have you toyed with Time Remapping, Speed/Duration, or any other effects that affect playback speed? Have you used Interpret Footage to change the frame rate of any clips in the multicam source sequence?

No video effect, no audio effect. Juste the source footage.

Does it matter how many cameras the multicam sequence contains? That is, can you repro with only two cameras, or does this happen only when you’re working with, say, 8 or more?

Yes it happen with many cams. My actual project contains 8

Does the duration of the multicam sequence matter? That is, can you repro with sequences that are only couple minutes long, or only with those longer than, say 15 minutes?

I don't know. My actual projet is 1h30.

Do you have more than one multicam sequence in the master sequence where you’re editing multicam cuts?

Yes. I've got one multicam sequence on Track 1. One reference clip (ProRes 422 HQ 1080p25) on track 2. And 2 audio tracks stereo.

What format(s) of clips are used?

2xCanon C300 (MPEG-2 4:2:2 Long Gop), 2xCanon 5D (MOV H264), 3xSony (MPEG-2 4:2:2 Long Gop) and 1 BMPCC (ProRes 422)

• Your entire PPro workspace. If it’s spread across multiple monitors, make sure that the screenshot shows the PPro panels on all of them.
  • Workspace.PNG
  • Timeline Display Settings menu (accessed via the panel’s wrench icon. The first option is Show Video Thumbnails.)
  • Timeline settings.jpg
  • The Timeline panel menu (opened by right-clicking the panel’s tab. Top entry is Undock Frame.)
  • Timeline panel.jpg
  • Preferences>General
  • PrefGeneral.PNG
  • Preferences>Playback
  • Pred Playback.PNG

My config:

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNGCapture 3.PNG

I'm all yours to send you more stuff. I really need Adobe to correct this multicam problem ! My work is a nightmare actually

Thanks for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I tried something this morning that I didn't test so far. In my master sequence, I collapsed all tracks (to have no thumbnails, no waveform, etc.). The reactivity of my "stop" is much better and almost useable to edit a multicam (that's still not what I expect form a professionnal software but that's better...)

Hope this help to find out the cause of this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to follow this thread: having same issue.

• Multi-cam sequence
  • Sony PMW 200 footage - MXF format
  • Dual monitors.
  • Nvidia GTX 285 Card

Not sure that this has been mentioned, but the problem on my system seems to occur more specifically when I have the multi-cam clip selected.  Then playback will continue until either several seconds after being stopped or the end of clip.

Looking forward to resolution.  Many thanks to Adobe Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Golewis: If you disable the second monitor, does this issue persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not yet tried without the second monitor but will test it. 

I turned off the full screen display from within Premiere and instead opened a reference monitor on my second screen.  But I still get slow response to the play/pause of the sequence, although it does eventually stop.  I will take the additional step of disabling my second monitor completely to see if there is any change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project that was fine until today, then it started doing the non-stop playback thing in multicam mode.

Tried disabling my second monitor, and it didn't help.  Here's a screen grab.

Capture.JPG

For what it's worth, none of my projects have started out with this problem, but tend to develop it after I've been editing for a while.

AND I went ahead and filled out your list of questions.

1. Does this happen regardless of playback speed or only when the MC sequence is playing at greater than real time (via JKL)
    YES, but it's a gradual process.  First starting with fast-play, then affecting any normal speed as well.
  2. Does this occur regardless of the zoom level in the Timeline and the Program Monitor? If it happens only when you’re zoomed way in—or at least it seems more likely to happen in that case—please report how exactly you adjust the zoom level [in case you’re not aware, there are at least four ways to do this…]
    Zoom level doesn't seem to have any effect on the behavior.  I use the +/- keys and also the zoom slider at the bottom of the timeline.
  3. What is your exact workflow for starting and stopping playback? Do you do this entirely by keyboard, entirely by clicking buttons, or a combination?
    I use both the keyboard (JKL and spacebar) and the mouse (play button on program monitor).
  4. In the Program Monitor, is the Show Multi-Camera Preview Monitor option enabled?
    No, but I've tested it with/without, and it doesn't change anything.
  5. When the app is in the state where playback will not stop, does it help to toggle focus to another program and then back to Premiere?
    No.
  6. Is Mercury Transmit enabled? If so, with what hardware? Does the problem persist if you disable Transmit? [Note that with some configurations, Transmit is known to impact performance and responsiveness.]
    It's enabled.  I'll try it with Transmit disabled and let you know if there's a change.
  7. Where is your content stored? Internal hard drive? External drive? SAN? …
    Content is stored on an internal RAID 0 with two 1TB Western Digital Black drives.
  8. If you experience both the case where playback cannot be stopped at all and the one where playback continues for several seconds after the Stop command, are there any patterns in the occurrence of these two behaviors?
    The behavior tends to begin after I've been editing a project for several hours, and gets worse as the project gets more complex.

1. How exactly do you create your multicam sequences? By nesting one sequence in another and enabling multicam (old school)? By selecting clips in the Project panel and using the Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence command (the New Coke)? In PluralEyes?
    I've tried Old School and New Coke.  No difference.  I still can't get Plural Eyes to work with the new (2014+) versions of Premiere.
  2. If you use multiple workflows, do you have problems stopping playback regardless of how a given sequence was created?
    Yes.
  3. If you use the Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence workflow, exactly what settings do you select in the dialog by the same name?
    I sync by audio, and I have the sequence inherit the clip parameters.
  4. Is “Multi-Camera Audio Follows Video” enabled? Using audio follow video on "switch cameras" MC clip?
    No.  I typically use a separate audio source.
  5. Have you used the Edit Cameras feature in the Source or Program Monitor?
    This must be new.  I haven't tried it yet.
  6. Have you changed the camera for an edited sequence by right-clicking the segment and selecting from the Multi-Camera submenu?
    Yes.  I've found this to be the safest way of changing angles when it starts giving me non-stop playback.
  7. What effects, if any, are applied to the multicam source sequence? To its constituent clips? In particular, have you toyed with Time Remapping, Speed/Duration, or any other effects that affect playback speed? Have you used Interpret Footage to change the frame rate of any clips in the multicam source sequence?
    I use Warp Stabilizer quite a bit.  None of these projects have any changes to clip speed or frame rate.
  8. Does it matter how many cameras the multicam sequence contains? That is, can you repro with only two cameras, or does this happen only when you’re working with, say, 8 or more?
    I haven't had this occur with fewer than three cameras.  But most of what I do is 3-5 cameras, so I may not be the best person to ask.
  9. Does the duration of the multicam sequence matter? That is, can you repro with sequences that are only couple minutes long, or only with those longer than, say 15 minutes?
    The sequence I'm working on now is less than three minutes long, and I'm getting this behavior.  I've also had it occur on sequences that are over 15 minutes.  Those are the frustrating ones.
  10. Do you have more than one multicam sequence in the master sequence where you’re editing multicam cuts?
    No.
  11. What format(s) of clips are used?
    MTS and MOV (all H.264)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested again.  Here's what I got.

First I can say that having the second monitor on or off made no difference.  All results were seen with both one monitor as well as two.

I was initially baffled at attempting to recreate the problem because even with my memory reaching it's limits (around 4GB on 6GB system) I was still getting great responsiveness.  Then I remebered to turn on Multi-camera display mode.  Once I did responsiveness started to shudder but remained within acceptable limits.  I.e. I would hit the space bar and after about a half second the playhead stopped.

I tried jumping around the sequence, selecting clips, rapid starts and stops, playing source clips then back to sequence, and the worst I got was a small maybe half second lag.

But when I selected the audio tracks (4 linked tracks within the clip) then hit the spacebar to playback, I could not stop playback with either the spacebar or the Program monitor control button.  I would have to wait what seemed about 10 seconds before my inputs were recognized.

Screenshot attached (and yes I know I have out of sequence audio - darn it.)  Hope this helps.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time I have this problem I'll deselect audio and see if that helps.

Weird.

--

Thanks,

Chris Colton

Colton Media Productions

970-444-2542

Coltonmp.com

Please excuse any brief wording or spelling errors, this message was sent

from my mobile phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another interesting/frustrating thing I've noticed is that not only does this behavior make my keyboard unresponsive within Premiere, but it also disables my ability to change my system volume with my keyboard.  I can still change my system volume with my mouse, but not with my keyboard controls.  The keyboard functions fine otherwise (outside of Premiere).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to share my own experience on this problem. I've also experienced this non-stop play in multicam mode on PPRO CC 2014 8.1 on Windows 8.1

My project :

8 cams (5 MPEG-2 422 Long Gop in 1080i50

1 ProRes 422

2 H264 DSLR

all these cams in multicam mode on Video 1 track

and 1 ProRes 422HQ 1080i50 in Video 2 track as PGM for reference

Timeline in 1080p25

Machine :

2x Intel Xeon E5 2630 @ 2.3 GHz

64 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 680 4 GB RAM

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

3 displays in 1920x1080@60Hz

1 Blackmagic Mini Monitor as... monitor

Medias of this project are equitally dispatched on 2 sets of HD (Raid 0) @ 280-300 MB/S read.

PPro interface is dispatched on my 3 monitors.

So I seems that my machine has got enough ressources to handle this kind of project.

THE PROBLEM :

When I hit play, then stop, my playhead keeps moving few seconds (between 2 and sometimes more than 10 seconds)

WHAT I DID

Try to disable mercury on the blackmagic

Disable antivirus, and all useless resident softs

Try to reboot

Update the NVidia drivers

Update the Blackmagic drivers

Disable Cuda acceleration

and so many others things...

MY "SOLUTION"

After the reading of this thread, I tried to disable 2 of my 3 graphic card outputs and set PPro interface on 1 monitor only. The playback continues to play after I hit stop but less longer.

Hope this will help some of you guys...

noar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if Adobe is still hunting after this bug but I have the same issue as the above poster, and the same solution. I can reproduce the results anytime I shuttle (JKL) backward or forward. The only way to stop the playhead is by changing the monitor displays within windows to anything different. Anything that gets the monitors to shut off momentarily stops the playhead.

I am running Premiere Pro 2014.1 (8.1.0). The issue only occurs with a multicam sequence when the program monitor is set to "Multi-Camera" display. I can post more details about my system and project if that would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deselecting all the audio tracks seems to help on my system as well as

having all workspaces on one monitor. Lessens the problem but it can still

happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines