• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request: ProRes RAW Source Settings - apply correct color space to multiple clips at once

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing ProRes RAW, S-Gamut.cine/SLog3 material and it is killing me to have to do the following for each and every clip in a sequence:  

1. select an individual clip in the Timeline
  2. navigate to "Source" tab in Effects panel (not selected by default)
  3. Color Space > select S-Gamut.cine/SLog3 in drop down
  4. And then the usual Lumetri corrections, clip by clip.

I will be editing a lot of this material, and it is always defaulting to BT.709.  Perhaps there is a faster way already that I cannot find?   If not, the ability to a) set a default color space for imported clips, b) apply the correct color space setting to the source upon import, c) apply the color space to selected clips in the Project panel or d) in the timeline (ideally all of these options) would be a very useful future feature.  It is so hard to edit without doing at least an initial, (ideally batch) grading on all of the material. I have stringouts with hundreds of clips in them, and am spending hours just trying to get to the point of being able to look at the clips and see what I have.  I'm grateful that there is ProRes RAW support so I can continue to use Premiere CC for editing vs move to FCPX, but I'm sure it doesn't need to be this painful!

Thanks,
Jen

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JenG_ForwardFilms,

Great idea! Makes sense and seems like that would save a ton of time. Would you mind copying/pasting the same thing over in Uservoice: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro - These requests go to the product team. They don't look at the community forums as much as Uservoice. Then, to get more eyeballs to see this and possibly 'upvote' this request, could you post the Uservoice link back onto this page so that others can trace the request over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. Which camera/recorder was used to capture this media? Also, please share a download link for the sample media with which you are experiencing this issue. It will help us to diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a solution(I guess),If you save se source setting for one clip as preset, you then can drag the preset from the effects panel, it worked for me.

Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also drag/drop a preset from the Effects panel to an entire selected group of clips in a bin. Which applies that preset to the "Source" tab of the clips, for when they appear on any sequence in that project.

A very fast way to make say entire cameras closer to your "normal" setting.

And of course, a preset can include multiple effects. So if you have Pr-Raw settings and a Lumetri effect on a clip in a sequence, in the ECP select them both, save as a preset ... that applies the Pr-RAW and Lumetri effects in one preset.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing it, for a reason i cant manage to get both source setting and lumetri in same preset effect, could you please illustrate how you did it? since they are in different tabs of effects control window, i cant select them both at same time.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Source tab is simply a tab of the Effects Control panel.

If you have the Source tab selected, and the Lumetri panel available, you should be able to simply touch a control in the Lumetri panel and have the Lumetri effect "appear" in that Source tab, as it does when you have the 'sequence' tab selected.

I do this all the time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed that this would be a fantastic native setting / preference. "Import PRORES Raw Source Settings as...." so you can have it choose S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3 as the default color space, for example. 

I will try the preset work around for now, but defintiely an Upvote for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines