• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flicker lines in full screen only

Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the latest premiere pro 2018 version installed and when I toggle full screen by using ctrl and ~ the playback shows weird flickering lines. This only happens in full screen playback in premiere only. If I just play from program monitor without full screen the flickering lines isn't there. If I export the video and play it in full screen in windows media player there are no flicker lines and there is no issue playing the native media in full screen in windows media player either. This is all on the same monitor display as well. What is causing this?

I tried deleting my cache, restarting the computer, disabling CUDA and playing from the mercury playback engine and even tried proxy files in cineform. Same issue. I have 16GB of ram and my Graphics Card is 8GB of Ram. It didn't use to do this until just recently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would absolutely love some insight to this problem. I am having the exact same issue. I just built a Desktop which has Ryzen 9, 32 GB of Ram, 8 GB video card, and my work drive (where video files are) is an M.2 hard drive. This is very frustrating. Looks great during normal playback, but full screen forget it! 

I have the latest update CC for Premiere. And my files are recorded from Atomos Ninja V in the ProRes format at 4k 24fps 10 bit. Please, can anyone give us some input? I see that the original post was from 08/2018, so I am not optimistic here. Adobe, PLEASE HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a solution for this problem figured out? I'm having the same issue and it's so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here...would love to hear some theories on a fix!!

Only flickers when in full screen, particularly noticable whenever anything is moving horizontally e.g. a camera pan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davo,

Sorry. Did you follow Averdahl's advice and preview your footage on something resembling a broadcast monitor? Try it and let us know what happens. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

What is a broadcast monitor? I have a very good 500€ monitor it should
work, shouldn't it? Also I didn't see this answer you mention.

Thanks

Davo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

What is a broadcast monitor? I have a very good 500€ monitor it should work, shouldn't it? Also I didn't see this answer you mention.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I have set an extra monitor for the full screen preview (Preferences > Playback) and the flickering lines apear.

I supposed it has something to do with the refresh rates, some kind of interference between footage and monitor? So I tried different refresh rates on the monitor (60Hz, 100Hz, 144Hz) and different video-footage and Premiere-sequence frame rates (24p, 50p), also tried HD-sequence and 4k-sequence, also tried with Nvidia G-Sync off and on. And I even tried on my 2 other monitors. Result: the flickering is always there, no matter witch combination. The only difference is that on lower Hz-Rates (e.g. 60Hz) the flickering lines apear more often. It's not logical to me. I mean, at least 50p-footage and 100Hz should work well together?! But my supposition with the rates seem not to be the reason. Parhaps it's a software thing?

My system: Ryzen 5900X, 64GB DDR4, GeForce RTX 3060, also M2 ssd.

I'm happy about every hint. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I have set an extra monitor for the full screen preview (Preferences > Playback) and the flickering lines apear.

By @Plantador

Close Premiere Pro and open the Nvidia Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings set Vertical Sync on the Program Settings tab to On. If no changes, set it to Off.

Any difference?

Averdahl_1-1643378004857.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. I found the setting, it was set on "Use the 3D-application setting".
- When it's "Off" the horizontal lines are still there

- When it's "On" the lines are gone, but there is another kind of flickering: especially on horizontal pans the edges of objects are trembling and flickering. On my LG (UltraGear 27GN880-B) the effect is strong. On my EIZO (S2231W) it's better, but still visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but there is another kind of flickering: especially on horizontal pans the edges of objects are trembling and flickering. On my LG (UltraGear 27GN880-B) the effect is strong. On my EIZO (S2231W) it's better, but still visible.

By @Plantador

How does it look if you either connect the GPU to a TV or render out the file and place it on a USB-stick/Blu-ray disc and view it on a TV? (The latter is preferred.) 

Computer monitors have sometimes issues with video that TV's don´t have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, any solution out there? 

I spent 5.000eur. to have a decent machine to work properly and with a good monitor, and it's such a burdain that the full screen for previewing my work has this horizontal lines

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines