• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame.io acquisition - Does Adobe CC subscription enable any account advantages?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a lot of talk about integrating Frame.io inside Premiere at Adobe Max. 

Does having a cloud membership enable either a Pro or Team account?

The limitations of the free account won't work for my work situtation.

I like Frame.io quite a bit and was hoping with the acquistion it would become a part of the Adobe CC membership. 

I'm assuming it will be another monthly subscritpion cost to add on top of the CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have no clue about what the eventual usage situation within PrPro will be with frame.io. I'm not sure anyone even within Adobe has that yet. I've talked with up to the head of the Adobe video apps, and he is still scrambling to keep up with internal discussions. I don't think any decisions have been made yet.

And it might be several months until we get a rollout, and more until there's a 'final' set process.

That said, personally I doubt from what I've read, seen, and heard that there will be additional monthly fees for "full" CC subscribers.They're pushing collaborative workflows and wanting as much benefit as possible to full CC users that I highly doubt they'll have a fee for full-subscription CC users.

Remember, the Team Projects option once involved either an Enterprise license or an additional fee. That got dropped, and I'm pretty confident ain't coming back. I work regularly with some on the TP teams, and there's no discussion there. They are trying to get that working as smoothly as possible for all users.

But quite possibly there could be an additional fee for frame.io use for "single app" subscribers. And  if I'm doing full-on blue-sky guessing here, I'll posit that single-app and non-CC subscription users will pay a similar fee for the paid part of frame.io, and the current free part will stay as-is.

But this is all wild guessing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines