Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frames glitching in Premiere Pro while raw footage is fine

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all!

I've been working on a project in Premiere Pro 15.4 and when I import my video file, there are areas of the video where a glitch occurs.  This isn't seen in the raw footage/file.  Any thoughts?  It occurs when I playback in Premiere Pro and in exports.  

Apologies if this is a redundant question; first time posting/here!

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Hi @Harbour Media ,

This is fixed in the beta builds.  Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023
I have the same issue whether be on a SSD drive or on a NVME drive same
issues as before even with proxy files... btw, enabling v-sync on nvidia 3D
settings fixes the issue of frames glitching.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the first two so far and no luck.  I'll continue down your options.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried every step but I am still experiencing the same issue with glicth on the video when playing back on Premiere Pro 15.4.1. This isn't seen on the source video file while playing back on different media player. And, the glitch is not seen on exported file. Is it only me.

And recently i did a clean install of windows 10 on my secondary PC and installed the latest version of Premiere Pro 2022 (22.0) and all the necessary GPU drivers and updated all the drivers and windows as well. And, the same issue with glitch on the video when playing back on premiere pro 2022. I am so certain that there is no issue with the source footage. And i don't get any glitch on the video after exporting the same.

I hope this GLITCH issue get resolved quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also:

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your graphics card has the latest driver installed (for in nvidia use the Studio driver).

This isn't seen in the raw footage/file

Please call this Source footage, raw footage is something entirely different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate that info.  Source footage.  Gotcha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MJ,

Please give us precise details of your system and, especially, your media. For example, which camera was used to shoot the footage?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your responses!

Sony A7Siii

Lexar Professional 2000x SD XC V90II 128gb memory card (x 2)

File Format: XAVC S 4K, 24p, 100M 4:2:2 10bit

M1 Mac Mini, 16GB ram, 256GB flash storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helpful, MJ.

Sorry again. I have a couple of questions. Is your XAVC S footage shot in HEVC format? Like, is it XAVC S-I or XAVC HS?

Here is a similar issue I found on YouTube. Can you verify that you are having the same issue?

I'll do my best in getting this issue resolved for you.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just "S" format.  Neither the "HS" nor the "S-I" 

Here are a few shots I pulled for the glitch I've been experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MJ,

Thanks for the added info. Appreciate that. This does not seem to be the same issue, though. OK....

You're using a new M1Mac. How awesome is that?
(Full disclosure: Cupertino is my home town, I went to high school there!)...but I digress.....

Say, do you have any other macs lying around, or is this your only Mac?

If you do have one with an Intel CPU available, could you test on that for a sanity check?

What happens?

I ask so that I can bother either the format folks or the GPU folks.

Has this always happened to you, or did this just happen with 15.4 and the M1 Mac?

What's the history with this issue and your workflow?

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously had a MacBook Pro 16in (2020 version) before I went over to a M1 Mac Mini and M1 MacBook Pro 13in.  Absolutely LOVE how well these have worked for me!  I currently have PP installed on those two devices.  

I used the MBP 16in for some videos and have not seen these glitches in any of them.  Not saying there is a connection but since upgrading to 15.4, this became noticable to me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update for this morning:

Last night I was trying to think hard on what else changed since this started.  I remembered I recently installed the plug-in Cinema Grade.  It most recently released an update (1.2.0) which is a new build for the M1.  I started playing around with these.

PP 15.4 & CG 1.2.0 (both current versions) = glitches

PP 15.4 & CG 1.1.7 (downgraded) = PP crashes on export, but no glitches.

PP 15.2 (downgraded) & CG 1.1.7 (downgraded)= smooth export and no glitches

PP 15.2 (downgraded) & CG 1.2.0 = smooth export and no glitches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue with glicth on the video when playing back on Premiere Pro 15.4.1. This isn't seen on the source video file while playing back on different media player. And, the glitch is not seen on exported file. Is it only me.

And recently i did a clean install of windows 10 on my secondary PC and installed the latest version of Premiere Pro 2022 (22.0) and all the necessary GPU drivers and updated all the drivers and windows as well. And, the same issue with glitch on the video when playing back on premiere pro 2022. I am so certain that there is no issue with the source footage. And i don't get any glitch on the video after exporting the same.

I hope this GLITCH issue get resolved quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, looks like the Adobe team has engaged with you (which is great), but if you're looking for another thing to try, I'd definitely try transcoding to ProRes in Media Encoder and seeing if that footage has the same glitch.

The other thing you could try doing is right click/ctrl+click on the clip in your bin, go to Modify > Interpret Footage, and check that Premiere is actually reading the footage correctly. Pixel Aspect Ratio should be Square, Field Order should be progressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hutch,

Good advice there. MJ, you may want to try these options out. Let us know if they provide any insight or workarounds.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Hutch!

Appreciate your input.  I transcoded into ProRes with ME but the glitch still appears.  I also checked the Interpret Footage to make sure it was being read correctly (23.976 fps) and it was.  I'm baffled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a glitch clip to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure!  Do you mean just an exported .mp4 clip where the glitch is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have literally, the EXACT SAME issue.  M1 Mac Mini, I looked at your screenshots, EXACT same issue.  I use the same Sony A7siii with XAVC-S 422 10bit.  This issue started happening the moment I updated to the 15.4 with M1 'support'.  I laugh bc it only made things glitch and have problems, while I had no problems when it was in Rosetta Mode.

Does anyone know how I can downgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, the glitches do not appear at all in the source footage, nor do they appear within PP 15.4.  Only on the export, and in new places each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound rude, but I'm glad I"m not the only one, haha.  I thought it was me!

I did downgrade to 15.2 and it works fine again.  

If you go to  your Creative Cloud and click on the three circles over on the right of Premiere Pro, you can view "other versions" and reinstall 15.2.  I'm hoping I don't have to do that long because I was excited about the native M1 update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feeling of not being alone, is powerful.  I am glad I saw your issue bc I came here to make this topic, but luckily you broke before me!  Thank you, I will try to downgrade until I hear this gets fixed in 3-4 updates.  

I actually stopped using the Beta Premiere Pro bc this exact issue was prevalent in the Beta.  They have never solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep your eye on the beta, as this is where the fix will probably land first. Hope we can get that to you soon. I am advocating for the fix on behalf of customers. Sorry for the inconvenience, Lawrence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines