Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch issues, MxF files, M1 Mac, Colour strips appearing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Running both versions of Premiere this still happens on my computer,  MacBook Pro M1 Max. 

The footage that has the glitches flash for a frame on every now and then, but always at the same spot. Thought it might have been a camera issue but the problem is not appearing o my colleagues  older mac.

The glitch has all of a sudden started appearing on shots from Canon c300 MkII. But I have been editing video files before on the computer without this happening before. Have attached glitch examples.

Have tried other fixes for known issues like turning off Hardware Encoding or the beta version, but it's not working.

Please help me!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bryce5E10,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. If possible, please share a download link for the sample media with which you are experiencing this issue. It will help us to diagnose the issue properly at our end.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sumeet,

Here's a link to a clip where the error occurs for me (on my computer it occurs at 13:10 secs:frames or at 09:57:13:14 of the timecode) as can also be seen on the screenshots attached.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sTV-SVVoFXvLED6sDeL8zu0Q6Db1jQ28?usp=sharing

The fixes listed by chrisw44157881 's response do not work btw.

Thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried transcoding to ProRes ? I had something similar happen with MXF footage from C300MkII on a Macbook Pro M1 Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... which fixed the problem ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thom, No I haven't , but I can't even export as the glitch is in the export too.

Also, that feels like more a temporary fix rather than working out what the problem is. I've basically only used c300 footage on this com and haven't come accross this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet, 

Has there been any updates regarding this?

Thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloo0o0oo0.... should I be expecting an answer or should I give up on trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try disabling hardware decoding, running in rosetta mode or using software playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but none of those work, together or separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue... it was working but then all of the sudden MXF files are flashing/strobing. Does anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have flashing white/grey in my sequence when working with 4K .mxf files.

It works fine a little while then suddenly I get regularly grey flashing in preview screen (and exports).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, loicvdh. The team is still addressing the bug. The best option, for now, is to move back to version 22.4. You can also see if the Beta might have a fix in it. Have you installed it yet? Let me know.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin for the reply but I found the best solution was to run the .mxf through Media Encoder as a ProRes .mov file and now it plays fine (albeit a little heavier on the drive and slower reading).

Please let us know when we can edit again native .mxf 4k files.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines