Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gopro FX Reframe leads to crash Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a problem when I use Gopro FX Reframe in Premiere Pro.

When I apply this effect on any video, I get program shutdown and crash report.
I use Premiere Pro 2019, I also tried it in 2020 and in the latest (2022) - programs crash when adding an effect to a clip.
Windows 10, i7-3770, 20 gb RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

Please give me advice what should I do?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think you machine is powerfull enough to handle such a plugin.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Is it system requirements for latest version?

I use PP 2019, plugin has to works with PP 2019..

Can you clarify what exactly needs to be improve on my PC?  CPU?

By the way plugin works on a ten-year-old laptop (that does not has a discrete graphics card and has Intel i3 CPU )
But I can't work on laptop, because it is very very slow.
However when I use the plugin on this laptop - Premiere Pro does not crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me pretty regularly. The plugin works, but getting it to do so smoothly has been a nightmare so far. Its very, very slow. Also, for reframing over many clips on the timeline, I've been able to make it work with making my entire edit a nested sequence, but trying to use an adjustment layer just causes the infamous "black circle" error that I've not been able to find a true solution for anywhere.

Intel I9 Processor, 64 GB RAM, GeForce 2080ti RTX graphics card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem with Premiere Pro 2022.

I tried two different machines with freshly installed Windows 10, latest version, latest drivers.

The machines are:

Lenovo P53, i7-9850H, 64GB Ram, nVidia Quadro RTX 5000

Dell Precision 7710, i7-6920HQ, 32 GB Ram, nVidia Quadro M4000M

The plugin works, but crashes Premiere after a few minutes. No error message, just the application not responding and I have to close it via task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I wasn't already bald I'd be pulling my hair out over this lol. I can get maybe 5 or 10 minutes of keyframing in before it freezes up and I have to close through task manager. Have you been able to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same problem for almost 2 years now. It does not matter what laptop or PC I use, if it is Windows it hangs premiere after a few minutes. All I have to do is open the project with the reframe plugin effect applied somewhere and then do nothing with Premiere, just let it sit in the background, and within a few minutes it is completely hung. I've got a Macbook Air and it does not seem to have this issue, but it is not my editing platform.

Since this problem has been around for a long time, I'm suspecting Adobe really isn't motivated to fix it or even look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not for Adobe to fix, it's GoPro's plugin and they need to fix it and keep up with the versions of Premiere to be compatible with. You have to go bug GoPro to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been having this issue for the last year I have been shooting 360 footage.

Through process of elimination, I have learned that the GoPro Reframe FX plugin is definitely to blame. GoPro recently released an update for the plugin which gave me hope, but it crashes Premiere exactly as before. This is beyond frustrating considering this seems to be the only way to edit 360 footage natively in Premiere. 

I'm editing footage shot on an Insta360 One R which spits out .insv files. My workaround at this point is to reframe in the Insta360 desktop software, export, and sequence in Premiere. It isn't ideal. I'm still patiently waiting for a full Premiere workflow for 360 footage.

Editing with a Xeon, Quadro RTX, 64GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I edit GoPro MAX and Insta360 X3 files and I have to constantly save. One sure way to crash Premiere is 'mouse away' to another app on my Windows pc and come back to Premiere (or Media Encoder) and either will become unresponsive but are still using around 30 or 40% of cpu and will sit there forever until you kill them via Task Manager.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed the constant crashing is when I don't use an external monitor. When I'm home I have 2 monitors connected via HDMI and Display Port and I can't recall Premiere crashing when editing with the Reframe plugin. When I'm on the road/remote and using the laptop's screen it crashes constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be happy to work with anyone to help find the bug in this plugin I am on a windows machine, have been on the phone with adobe support, and am sorry for the time I have wasted and the time they have wasted with me. They confirmed my computer is a top-performing machine. I thought I had made a mistake. I went back and started the project all over, everything worked fine and then I added the adjustment Gopro FX Reframe - CRASH city every which way. I would love to know what it is but I am not a computer scientist and have no idea where the problem is. It just crashes at all sorts of time and just need a reliable lens correction. Any alternative proven suggestions? I know it may work for some but not for me on a windows machine. I love the way it made the adjustment but hated the vast amount of time I wasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given up. I have moved to DaVinci. Neither GoPro nor Adobe are interested in this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have to use the Insta360 desktop app to reframe the video, export, and then edit the MP4 in Premiere. Would rather edit the 360 video in Premiere but can't deal with Premiere crashing every few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer support removed the app. Gopro would not help with the app they built. Adobe helped with setting and working fine now. Need to learn how to create proxy files and edit that way. I was working on 4k video and have 16 g and will look into upgrading to 32 and see how that works. Right now I can not use it and will have to learn how to manually adjust the fish eye. With the number of users there should be a post for manual settings if can not make this plug-in work. I spend a GOD AWFUL amount of time getting it sorted out and never thought it would be a plug-in from GOPro. They are big and would think they would know a solution it is their code. I am convinced in my case it is a memory issue.  So post a warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So... If I'm at home with my laptop connected to 2 monitors (HDMI and DP) my Premiere rarely crashes. When I'm on the road with my laptop it constantly crashes.Both just using the laptop and having a USB-C monitor. It will 100% crash if I'm in Premiere with the Effect on the current clip and I mouse out of Premiere and use another app or look for a file etc. When I go back into Premiere it's "out to lunch" and will sit there forever unrepsonsive. I have to kill the Premiere process and relaunch Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines