• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Acceleration after preference reset and video card driver update

New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, I am operating an HP Z640, running Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit; dual Intel Xeon 3.5 GHz processors; 32.0 GB RAM; using the Nvidia Quadro M2000 video card (a card listed on Adobe's preferred card list for Premiere Pro), and I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 v13.1.2 (Build 9).

So, this is what's going on. I am using a pack of custom transitions by 640 Studios, their 1920x1080 HD transitions, and certain transitions display a red ribbon that reads, "This effect requires GPU acceleration." After a lot of research, I downloaded the latest graphics card drivers from Nvidia for the card installed, the Quadro M2000, reset the preferences, but the issue persists.

What does one do when all recommendations have been tried and fail? Does anyone have any other suggestions? I also went into the NVidia control panel and under "Manage 3D Settings" played around with the CUDA-GPU settings to see if the banner would go away, but nothing has worked so far.

At least when I click on File/Project Settings/General "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)" shows up. It never used to until I downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia M2000 video card driver, so at least I've got that going for me. But the problem still persists.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi declan_filmspc,

Setting Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration as Renderer should usually avoid those GPU related notifications. Please try to clear cache (FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files? ) to isolate any cache corruption issue that could be causing the app to misbehave. Also, you may try checking those transitions in a new project with Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration enabled and check if it's working properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumeet,

Thank you for your thoughtful and HELPFUL reply! Although what you suggested did not technically fix the issue, it did, however, force me to look at other possible solutions, leading me to fixing the immediate problem.

The footage that I am using with the custom transitions are actually photos using JPEG compression, but they are full-frame, so they're very large, bigger than 1920x1080 - my timeline settings. I had to re-scale them. Doing this is what actually caused the GPU acceleration message - the red banner. When I re-saved the photos as .JPG files at the same size as the timeline settings (1920x1080) and retested the playback, the red banner disappeared.

Now, this may have presented a totally different problem. Also, Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 has crashed twice, citing an error with the Nvidia driver, so I may have created a problem updating the driver. I am unsure yet.

Nevertheless, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sumeet / All concerned,

I learned something interesting today while trying to deduce why I am receiving the dreaded red banner alert "GPU acceleration required." This is what I discovered.

To reiterate the problem, I am using a custom transition pack purchased from 640 Studios. Whenever I would place these transitions in relation to video or images on the timeline, set to 1920x1080, full high-definition, I received the red banner alert message.

The video and images used on my project were acquired by 4K and full-frame video and still cameras, so what I was doing was scaling them to fit my timeline settings using Effect Controls. We all know that when you use Effect Controls, even if it is scaling an image or a video clip, you are basically adding an effect on that clip or photo. And that is why I was getting the red banner alert, stating that GPU acceleration is required irrespective if I have GPU rendering enabled, updated my video card, trashed my preferences, etc. It still happened.

My fix? Instead of adding an Effect Control, I simply right-clicked on the 4K footage or full-frame photo and selected "Scale to frame size." Et voila! It worked perfectly!

I just wanted to share in case someone else is having the same trouble.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines